Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digestion issues (cycling related)

Options
  • 18-03-2008 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

Hi guy's, I have a small issue and was wondering if anyone here has experienced the same.

If I do any sort of physical exercise less than about 2 hrs after eating I get serious digestion type problems. Bloating - trapped wind etc.

It's particularly bad when cycling as on some of the longer runs, well I just get hungry ! And as little as 1/2 a banana might set it off.

Last year on the ROK I was so bad after the Kenmare stop I had to "purge the food" half way up the gap in order to alleviate the issue.

Anyone any remedy for this at all ? Any advice ?
    Some of the gels or something maybe ?

Thanks
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Are u sure you don't have IBS?

If you cycle with people, that can be a problem if they follwo you ... just make sure noone cycles behind you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Hi

I have Chroans and race every weekend the best advice i can give you is go see a doctor and get it looked at and he will be able to advise you best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Are u sure you don't have IBS?

If you cycle with people, that can be a problem if they follwo you ... just make sure noone cycles behind you :)

Thanks, I didn't say farting though - its indigestion :)

Advertisement