Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saint Patrick's Day "Parade" in Cavan.

Options
  • 18-03-2008 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

Another year and another Paddy's Day parade has filed its way down Main Street in Cavan, turned down College Street, Farnham Street and made its way back to the Market Square.

Don't get me wrong - I enjoy them. I love the bands and the community groups; this is what it should be about - showing the best side of the community.

But why oh why do we have so many commercial vehicles year after year? They're only there to advertise their businesses and their products and their lack of interest in giving anything back to the community can be judged by the complete lack of effort they put into the parade. Sorry folks but a parade is more than a traffic jam with a few balloons tied on .

Some of them didn't even bother with balloons. They just washed the Ford Transit and ehhhhh..... drove it down the street. :confused:

Other towns are making a genuine effort to make their parades more colourful and interesting but we're stuck in a time warp. How about a certain standard for floats next year? Even if we end up with fewer participants, it will be worth it. Less can indeed sometimes be more.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

would agree with you - just a few lorries which get their annual clean up - haven't gone to the parade in years don't think i missed anything as usual

Advertisement