Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France theme - RTE

Options
  • 18-03-2008 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hi. Do you remember the days when RTE used to show the tour de France live in the late 80s when Roche and Kelly where doing well? Can anyone remember the Theme music of the RTE coverage. I don't expect anyone to know the name of it, but perhaps someone may know who supplied the coverage to RTE? It was more than likely some French TV station

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

qwert2 wrote: »
    Hi. Do you remember the days when RTE used to show the tour de France live in the late 80s when Roche and Kelly where doing well? Can anyone remember the Theme music of the RTE coverage. I don't expect anyone to know the name of it, but perhaps someone may know who supplied the coverage to RTE? It was more than likely some French TV station
    YES!!! I researched it last year but I can't find it right now. The programe at the time were brought by France 2 and 3 ( 'Antenne 2' and 'FR3' at the time.) I was able to trace it then... i am sure I can do it now ... watch this space :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

http://tvstory.online.fr/corpstest.php?channel=A2

On this page you have th 1991 once ... could be diferent from the mid/late 80's ...

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭qwert2

Cool -thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭Enduro

I have a vague memory that they did the obvious and used "Tour De France" by Kraftwerk one year.

Advertisement