Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearly Wired

Options
  • 18-03-2008 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

I order clearwire about a month ago and order the wireless router. Was given a slightly higher price than advertised online for 1mb bb. Modem arrived the next day as promised. Only it was not a wireless router. Set up the following day as I was busy. Would not connect even with 4 out of 5 bars. Called support who asked me to uninstall bb via computer hardware and restart. BB worked!!! great. Next day I turn on computer. No connection. Call support and repeat previous steps. Connected. Next day.........same problem over and over. tired of uninstalling and restarting to get crappy connection. Losing valuable time and information AND poker games due to service disconnecting. 4 bars on now but can disconnect any time. Living in Dub 13 where Eircom is availlable to many of my neighbours but my brand new line is not broadband enabled for no obvious reason....dont get me started with eircom!!! NTL bb is not available even though i have ntl cable and they told me 2 years ago that the service would be available in 2 months. stil no service but i hear they are upgrading the lines here which would be great. IBB was not my favourite provider either as they were offline more often than a corpse.

What are my options here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

I Think im the only person in ireland that gets a great speed from clearwire, i have no problems at all and i play call of duty4 all the time.

the only prob i have when it comes to downloading from P2P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

goz83 wrote: »
    Living in Dub 13 where Eircom is availlable to many of my neighbours but my brand new line is not broadband enabled for no obvious reason....dont get me started with eircom!!!

If the line is less than a month installed, then it probably won't have even been tested yet, hence it shows as a fail in the database. Give it a couple of weeks or ring eircom's broadband section and see if they can do a line test any quicker. They won't be able to do a test there and then, so if anyone claims they are testing your line right now, they're lying. What they'll be doing is checking the result in the database, which you already know.

Second, get rid of Clearwire, they are absolute rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Well I got NTL BB and its great. no problems in almost a year which is more than i can say for their phone and TV service.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement