Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinkers caravans on Tuam Road/Bypass turnoff in Athlone

Options
  • 18-03-2008 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else seen this? :eek: The smart fkrs the lot of them moving in over the bank holiday so no councillors will be at work to get them out before they get cosy there.

Anyone know how long it takes to move these eyesores on? Ive given the local Seargant a bell; he says the wheels are in motion to remove them but he says it wont happen overnight. From anyone elses experience in other towns, how long should it take to legally remove them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

There have been some camped on the sandyford industrial estate in Dublin for 2 years now so don't hold your breath waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

Yes I saw them while I was home, they have been using that spot for the past few years - the trees disappeared mysteriously and since then there is room to pull in a few caravans as they pass through the area to wherever. I think the last lot tried to lay down tarmac even!
    Mostly they move on in a month if memory serves.

Once they leave it as they found it and don't block the view from the road as it's dangerous enough if you are coming off the dual carriageway there I don't mind too much.

oh and it's in Roscommon not Westmeath

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

There is a god - theyre gone!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

pawrick wrote: »
    oh and it's in Roscommon not Westmeath

Please - the day Roscommon County Council put some money into this area, ill acknowledge its in Roscommon. Meantime, Westmeath does not end until Bealnamulla.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

Roscommon Co co begins near the creamery (St. Comans park) where the town boundry ends so all of that area past there is their responcibility. Any area not inside the town boundry on the west side is administered by Roscommon.

that said i have to agree that they do sod all in their area for the town - most of the county pop are from that area but they have little say in the Co council since the town it self is administered by westmeath- just check the membership sometime - mostly from Boyle i think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement