Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you compete?

Options
  • 18-03-2008 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    There is currently a discussion revolving around a Gaming tournament and I'm just wondering what the interest would be from this side of the Boards as Guitar Hero has been selected as a competition. Ireland MAY send a team over and GH3 MAY be one of the games selected...So my question is, would you actually be interested in competing?

Note: This is just for my curiousity, I have no involvement in what game actually gets picked (nor do I envy the person who does :))

There have been no official rules released or anything like that either so I can't actually provide you with much info.

WCG Site
    The "discussion"

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Another thing i would like to know, are the Irish GH3 players just as good as everyone else? Like, if GH3 was selected would the countries best players show up and compete for a spot on the Irish team in Germany later in the year? And how would those best players fair against US, UK, France etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

There is a leaderboard isn't there? Or some dedicated site for scores...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Is it Score Hero? Im sure there is a thread about it around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

I would definitely compete, I was ranked 38th in the official GH3 leaderboards on hard (pro face off) at one stage, and thats a worldwide ranking. I think I'd be top 10 in Ireland, on hard at least. I'm not too bad on expert but not the greatest. I won a tourney in Budapest last year on medium and won a copy of GH2, so I'd love to play some more tournaments for the craic!

Good to hear from an insider :) Nice achievements!

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

What kind of format does it run, is it a battle of a pro face off or what?..

Is it expert only or all difficulties.

I checked the website but couldn't find the answers :P

Rules:
    Competition Method : 1 vs. 1
    - Winner Condition: The player with the highest score wins
    - Game Type: Pro Face-Off
    - Difficulty: Hard & Expert
    - Song: Random choice by Referee (included all of bonus songs)
    - Character: Free Choice

Read and give feedback by visiting http://www.worldcybergames.com/6th/fun/EventZone/200803_feedback/feedback_main.asp?chkEX=No (Requires a registration but you don't get any mails from them...)

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

Sounds like the same format as the tourney I played last year in Budapest, but they had all difficulties. I wouldn't call myself and insider Sabre, just played GH a LOT!! I would prefer to have a tournament arranged locally, say through WIT or something (I'm from Waterford) and for small prizes and stuff to be put up for it. If anyone knows of any tourneys in Waterford or wants to organize one then let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Not this year anyway, i'm still trying to master hard at the minute, but by the time next year rolls around, i should be able to do expert.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I'd definitely give it a go,but I'm too young to compete I think :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Hells ya, I'd compete and dominate it!!!!

Nah, just kidding, I'm pretty good to be honest, but the likes of those guys on scorehero put me to shame!!

That said I've FC'd plenty of songs on hard and a few on expert too, so I'll throw my hat in!

Finalised Rules:
    Game Settings
    Game Type : Pro Face-off
    Difficulty: Hard (Difficulty may be changed depending on national circumstances)
    Hyperspeed Mode: On, 2 (Setting can be changed only if both players agree)
    Song: Random Choice by referee (Including all bonus songs)
    Character: Free Choice

Controller
    The official Microsoft wireless Guitar Hero controller must be used.
    Any controller supporting macros or auto repeat is NOT allowed

🤪

Stupid rule about the controller, at least the official wired ones should be allowed given the useless pieces of sh*t the wireless ones for the GH3 series are. Best of luck racking up a streak with most of the ones that came out. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I dunno, a bit of insulating tape fixed mine. I can't use the Explorer anymore, it's too small and uncomfortable.

Fixed my own one without the aid of insulation tape, but it might be a bit frustrating for those not in the know.

I tend to swap around. I got so used to my trusty Xplorer for seven months, it feels weird when i don't use it once in a while. I tend to use it whenever in 2 player mode, giving the wireless to the partner/opponent.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Finalised Rules:
    Game Settings
    Game Type : Pro Face-off
    Difficulty: Hard (Difficulty may be changed depending on national circumstances)
    Hyperspeed Mode: On, 2 (Setting can be changed only if both players agree)
    Song: Random Choice by referee (Including all bonus songs)
    Character: Free Choice

Controller
    The official Microsoft wireless Guitar Hero controller must be used.
    Any controller supporting macros or auto repeat is NOT allowed

K Sabre, what to I need to do to represent our fine nation in this game??? Be as clear with instructions as possible, I'm sleepy today...:pac::pac::pac:

If you can get on IRC (I can give a walkthrough), idle or chat in #wcg.ie - The power is with a select group and I'm not sure that open discussions will be held again after some of the recent shenanigans that occurred...

There was a big push for GH before the thread got locked - mainly because there seems to be good players in Ireland, its a game that you can practice at on your own and get better and there is a lot of interest...But we can't dwell on that - just have to wait and see!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Is there an age limit on this? I'd compete in the qualifiers if I can.

Most likely 18...I must stress that there is no guarantee of GH being picked in Ireland (and please don't open a thread on the subject, they tend to end badly :) ).

Was just starting this out of interest for myself...

🤪

Advertisement