Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pvp gear in kara

Options
  • 18-03-2008 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

So it was AV weekend and ive racked up enough HP to get my full glad pvp set + crossbow. Now is this stuff good enough for kara ( bearing in mind we got upto maiden while in greens and blues and the odd epic ) Or should i keep with my beastlord set.

I was thinking a mix of both for the -4sec trap from the BL gear ( 2 pieces ) and the -1min for my multishot of the glad gear ( 2 piece again )

Or should i find some resi set as i take hardly any damage at all untill that maiden bitch, and she drops me in 2 aoe blasts :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

pvp gear should be more than good enough for kara

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i thought resi was only applicable to other players in pvp combat, not against npc bosses etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Thats right. Its a PvP attribute (afaik).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

This is a handy little tool, it will tell you where you should got to get your next gear upgrade, and where you can go in your current gear. LVL 70 only OFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

http://wow-loot.com/
    Is a much better tool than the imbatronificator, for finding gear upgrades. I wont bore you with the details... read them yourself!

Resilience is a stat that works against everything, players and NPCs alike. The only difference being that NPC spells cannot crit (thank fook). It works exactly like it does in PvP otherwise.

Also, Anti, I can tell you straight out I dont know much about hunters and by that I mean zero, nothing, zilch...

but this much I can tell you, a gladiator geared hunter, fresh faced and eager to enter Karazhan... L2HunterNoob!

A) Gladiator Chain's bonus to reduce multishot is on the 4-piece set bonus.
    B) Gladiator Chain and Beast Lord set-pieces all occupy the same slots, therefore there is no "mix of both" to think about.
    C) Gladiator Chain 4-piece set bonus is -1 second off of multi-shot cooldown.
    D) -1 second off multishot is far superior to -4 seconds on the Cooldowns, in terms of damage/dps increase.
    E) Maiden of Virtue has precisely 3 AoE attacks.
    1.1} Repentance:= Deals ~2k holy damage to the raid and incapacitates everyone that received damage
    1.2} Holy Ground:= A permanent holy damage consecrate type spell that deals ~300 damage to everyone around her. Its not so much permanent as a spell she recasts every 3 seconds and lasts for 1 second.
    1.3} Holy Wrath:= A chaining direct holy damage attack. This sounds like what you are being 2-shotted by.

Holy Ground should be stayed out of, it doesnt give you any extra benefit to be immune to the Repentance at the cost of extra damage, though consider staying in for the repentance if you are light on dps and high on healers. Otherwise you shouldnt be taking any damage from it.

Repentance cannot be avoided but its cooldown is sufficient enough that it is very easy to heal around. Also, using The Beast Within avoids the incapacitate effect and thus the damage increasing your dps and reducing the amount of healing needed.

Now, Holy wrath can only kill you if you have very little health, i.e. blame the healers; if if you are hit with it and another spell too rapidly together, i.e. blame God; or if you are a noob and stood next to other people so that the spell chained between you both doing mucho damage, i.e. Blame yourself for not researching the fight properly or not paying enough attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

copeyhagen wrote: »
    i thought resi was only applicable to other players in pvp combat, not against npc bosses etc.

Tis good for npc bosses too. The PvP druid gear is among the best they can get, due to the lack of +defense on tier stuff. Resilience still reduces chance to be crit helping them stay uncrittable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

should walk kara with blues never mind pvp welfare epics :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Cheers for them 2 links lads, at leats now i know what gear to get and where to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

as a side note i think you're mad spedning your honor points / arena points now, when in about 3-4 weeks IF all the talk is correct season4 will be up which means you can buy merciless pvp gear!

Just a thought!

seasons normally go live 2-3 weeks after major patches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I would wait but i needz teh epixxxx. Doing heroics in greens and blues isnt easy. But ive got all of my glad set now and should be able to get some nice gems tonight :) but 27k honor points for a damn crossbow... wtf ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

most level 70 blues are equivilant to glad stuff for pve, the resilience just boosts the item level higher which means nothin in pve. run a few heroics, theres really nice stuff from badge rewards plus theres some nice epics off the last bosses in the heroic instances

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

will the honor point requirements for the merc gear be ridiculously high?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

it will just replace the s1 gear. same points.

Advertisement