Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GUNSMITH: Casting a Stock to left hand

Options
  • 18-03-2008 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭

I have a left handed Benilli semi-auto for game & rough shooting - fits perfect.

I also have a Bettinsoli Sporter O/U for clays that has a slight cast on the stock - suitable for a right handed person. I'm able to shoot with it, leaning my head slightly, but would prefer if it was cast for a left handed shooter.

Does anybody know anyone who can cast a stock to left handed? ....if so prices, location, time it takes, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

john conroy does that sort of thing he is out between stradbally and portlaoise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

John is ideal for it, not expensive and takes the time to go through it with you.He cast mine a few months back and it has made a major difference to my clay shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭J.R.

Thanks for info.....any contact for him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

John Conroy,
    Hophall,
    Portlaoise,
    Co. Laois.

Phone: 057-8625692
    Mobile: 087-2592946
    jconroyhophall@eircom.net

Rovi wrote: »
    John Conroy,
    Hophall,
    Portlaoise,
    Co. Laois.

Phone: 057-8625692
    Mobile: 087-2592946
    jconroyhophall@eircom.net

Thanks Rovi & all other contributors - will definitely contact him.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Might be worth getting him to put in an adjustable comb while you're at it. I've seen some of the jobs he's done and they are the bogs dollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

worst about adjustable combs, even when you have them set you end up mucking about with them. best thing you can do is set it and throw away the allen key.

Might be worth getting him to put in an adjustable comb while you're at it. I've seen some of the jobs he's done and they are the bogs dollox.

Great idea! - never thought of that.

Advertisement