Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First spurs game!Advice Needed

Options
  • 18-03-2008 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm heading to london for the easter weekend and at long last will be taking in a spurs game for the first time(portsmouth sat morning).As you can imagine i'm really excited but a bit nervous also as i've heard its quiet a difficult stadium to get to..(or is it?)

Anyway,we're staying in the Hilton on edgeware street,think its about 5 mins from oxford st and i'm wondering can any of you can give me some advice on what the best plan of action i should take to get there and back with the least amount of hassle possible.I'd be hugely appreciative if anyone can help me!

Thanks lads

Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

RAUL DUKE wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm heading to london for the easter weekend and at long last will be taking in a spurs game for the first time(portsmouth sat morning).As you can imagine i'm really excited but a bit nervous also as i've heard its quiet a difficult stadium to get to..(or is it?)

Anyway,we're staying in the Hilton in edgeware,think its about 5 mins from oxford st and i'm wondering can any of you can give me some advice on what the best plan of action i should take to get there and back with the least amount of hassle possible.I'd be hugely appreciative if anyone can help me!

Thanks lads

Paddy

Travel should be very simple from Oxford St mate.
    Get on the tube at Bond St or Oxford Circus.
    Head East on the Central line (red) to Liverpool Street (about 6/7 stops).

Get off at Liverpool St and enter ther main concourse. Check the big time-table computer in the middle of the ststion for train times and platform info. Then buy a ticket and take the overland service to White Hart Lane station, takes about 15mins. Trains are usually in 20min intervals (but this is worth checking for bank holiday weekends).

15mins to Liverpool St and 15 mins to WHL
    WHL is 5mins from WHL station, just follow the crowd
    Going back can be tricky with the crowds, sometimes better having a few pints to kill the time until the crowd dies down.

Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭RAUL DUKE

thats pretty much every bit of information needed,your a gentleman dublin spur..much appreciated!cant bloody wait now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

takes about 15mins. Trains are usually in 20min intervals (but this is worth checking for bank holiday weekends).

Other way around mate, trains every 15mins and take 20mins...:p

Raul, Shane is bang on re. getting away from the ground, but if you must leave right after I'd suggest you walk from WHL to Seven Sisters, which is a 20min walk south down the High Road. Basically follow the crowd away from the ground!

I'd also recommend you buy a Zone 1-6 day travelcard, which will cover all tube and bus journeys and also the mainline service to White Hart Lane station. The off-peak card costs £7.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

RAUL DUKE wrote: »
    thats pretty much every bit of information needed,your a gentleman dublin spur..much appreciated!cant bloody wait now:)

Glad to help
    I hope they pull out a Bbig win for you on your debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

I'd also recommend you buy a Zone 1-6 day travelcard, which will cover all tube and bus journeys and also the mainline service to White Hart Lane station. The off-peak card costs £7.

Was going to add that Ronan!! Best value around.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Meathfan

Simple advice.....Dont wear RED...:)

Enjoy match

Advertisement