Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone get a freakishly high o2 bill?

• 18-03-2008 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

I just got my latest phone bill from o2. It was €123.13. My bills are usually between €40- €50. Sometimes they might go to €60 but €123.13 seems outragous. That's over double what i usually pay. I went through the bill and it's just all texts. For example on the 28/02/08 it shows that i sent 158 txt messages. and on the 29/02/08 i sent 110 messages. I mean i do text alot, but i dont think i could physically send 158 in one day. Just wondering has anyone else had problems like this. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭slegs

did u send any group texts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

no, no group texts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

What phone do you have? A lot of phones have message counters and others will store heaps of sent msgs which might give you an idea.

Also, have a look through the times of the msgs - do any of the times not match up?

200 texts is about 25 euro (assuming 13c a text).

What package / plan are you on with O2? Are there any other charges? Have you started to use the internet more? DId you use your phone abroad? etc etc etc

While we can help you out and advise you hear O2 CustomeR care (1909) would probably be much more help to you as they would be able to examine your bill. Just tell them your concerns and see if they can help out working where your money is going to. (don't jump on to a new price plan right away, even if they suggest it .. you say your bill has only jumped this month so there's clearly more to it.

Another thing that springs to mind - did you recently change a price plan? O2 bill pro-rata so if you only just changed your plan you'd be billed for the previous month and the next month in advance - O2 can explain this in more detail - it has always wrecked my head :D

I havent stored my sent messages. My plan is the text life plan so i pay €40 a month and get 800 txts. The rest of the bill is all sms. at 9c or 11c. I mean i do text alot. But alot as in 30 or 40 a day. I cant see me having sent 158 a day

The prices on your bill will be ex VAT so the 9c is 11c and the 11c is 13c.

€40 per month for 800 texts. I assume €20 being your base tariff for 400 texts and then €20 text addon giving you another 400?

If you've only sent texts to irish Mobile Numbers while in Ireland and you've sent less than 800 texts then you shouldn't have any 9c/11c charges on your bill. Are any of the texts marked as 0c / free ?

Are there any other charges ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Move to meteor!!! I was robbed by O2 ... never deal with them again!

yes there's a 400 txt add-on. There are alot marked as free. I didnt count them to see if there was 800. There is also alot of data with 0kb and the price is zero. I assume this is internet usage but i never use the internet. Maybe once in the month but there are hundreds of them. But the price is marked as 0.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

have you used any of the apps that are listed here for sending free web texts?

I've only used the o2 site for sending free texts.

Have you sent more than 250 texts on the O2 website? Once you go over they start to charge for them.

Ring customer care (1909) and discuss your concerns with the agent. They should be able to see where you usage has differed from last month and advise you accordingly.

• Advertisement

no i didnt go over the 250 limit on the site. The bill seems in order except tht its nearly tripple what i usually pay. I dont think i was using it 3 times as much as usual.

Not sure what else I can suggest to you then - maybe you did just go a bit mad on the phone? Maybe worth looking at this months bill alongside last months though (for your own benefit) to see where you've spent more and to see if you can save money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

are you texting abroad? If so they'll cost you 25c a go

No txts abroad. I think im gonna go back to pre-pay and get that unlimited free txts thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

just ring 1909 and they'll explain the bill to you, its on the first page what you were charged for what, chances are you just used more texts than you normally do, 99.9% of the time its the customers own doing when it comes to getting a high bill and not realising, the only other thing it could be would be long texts, remember if it goes into sms 2 or 3 when you're writing a texts you get charged for the separate text messages if it goes over 160 characters, it could possible be looping sms but tech can invesitigate that and you'll get credited back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Check the times on the messages on your bill. Some Nokia phones with older firmwares using to keep sending messages by themselves. The 6101 and 6070 were main culprits. If the times are really close together, it could be this.

Thanks for the replies guys. I sent them an email to ask them to re-check it. I'm definately going to move to that unlimited free txts on pay as you go. I think it sounds like a better option for me. Unless there's any hidden catches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

phi3 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies guys. I sent them an email to ask them to re-check it. I'm definately going to move to that unlimited free txts on pay as you go. I think it sounds like a better option for me. Unless there's any hidden catches.

Catch is the calls are 49c on that plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

phi3 wrote: »

You sent them an email? Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply.

If you are serious about getting this resolved. Ring them. It should be free from your phone. 1909.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

aphex™ wrote: »

Wouldn't say it's a catch as the OP is basically jsut sending texts.

aphex™ wrote: »

Yes calls to other networks are 49c. But o2 and landlines are 19c. But on my current plan ( bill pay text life) Calls are 40c peak and 15c off-peak.

Anyone know how easy/ difficult it is to move over from bill pay to speakeasy? If i change mid-month, will i be charged for the whole month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

its very easy, just get a blank speakeasy sim for free in any o2 store or ring 1909 and ask them to post you out one, then ring up or get the person in store to move you over, and yeas if you change mid month you'll be charged, you pay your line rental a month in advance but you'll probably get credited back something when you move over from the first month you went onto bill pay

as one of the other posters said dont hold your breath waiting for an email response theres a 4-5 day turnaround on mails at the best of times, just ring 1909 its way faster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement