Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Attention all Friends Fans

• 18-03-2008 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

For all those who watched and loved the Friends tv series and would like to see a good Friends movie with all orginal cast and crew including the writers, please sign the petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/FriendsM/petition.html

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Foad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Winters wrote: »
    Foad.

No, it's; F R I E N D S, not F O A D

Oh, wait! That's not very nice :D

EDIT: OP, there was talk of a movie when the series ended but iirc, they didn't want to do it or couldn't agree terms. Perhaps now that none of them have exactly become true A-list movie stars they'll have a little more interest in doing it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Couldn't think of anything worse tbh... Oh the Sex and the City movie....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I'd personally hate to see a FRIENDS movie come out.The show went dramatically downhill after the 4th season, a movie would probably just further ruin the legacy left by the first 4 brilliant seasons.
    That said, if it does come out I know I'm gonna go watch it in spite of myself!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

can anyone show me a case where an online petition was of any use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Cremo wrote: »

It got my favourite show, Jericho, brought back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Cremo wrote: »
    Wispa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Originally Posted by Cremo

Wispa

It's highly rumoured that it was Cadburys themselves who created those petitions to drum up publicity for the pre-planned launch of the Wispa.

Oh hold on....this isn't the conspiracy thread....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Look it was a quality show with a very dodgy final few series.

Let it go. Theres not enough there to make a movie. Just turn on E4 any time of the day and we can all see them sit around on a sofa being dumb/sarcastic/pretty/anal retentive/ Smart/eccentric.

Dont get me wrong, great stuff while it lasted but Id rather stick toothpicks in my eyes than sit through 90 minutes of the "friends" pretending they are'nt sick to death of each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i reckon this is a wispa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Shhhhhhh!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I'll sign it if you can promise me all the principle characters die in the final scene ala Blackadder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

It got my favourite show, Jericho, brought back.

hate to say it but it more the hassle of disposing all the nuts that got attention, anyone can see a mail with a link to a patation and ignore it or take little notice but when pounds and pounds of nuts get shipped to your office it will get your attention.

Firefly may not have been saved but it got a movie because of the browncoats not them signing online things. It takes real work/time/effort to savea TV show or get a sequel or a new game whatever. If everyone just signes it wont work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Pigman II wrote: »
    I'll sign it if you can promise me all the principle characters die in the final scene ala Blackadder.
    Make the deaths ironic too - Phoebe killed by rabid smelly cats, Joey's brain implodes, Ross killed by his now teenage son Ben for being a p**sy (etc.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

User45701 wrote: »
    hate to say it but it more the hassle of disposing all the nuts that got attention, anyone can see a mail with a link to a patation and ignore it or take little notice but when pounds and pounds of nuts get shipped to your office it will get your attention.

Firefly may not have been saved but it got a movie because of the browncoats not them signing online things. It takes real work/time/effort to savea TV show or get a sequel or a new game whatever. If everyone just signes it wont work.

Yeah but this all stemmed from someone setting up a petition whihc wneded up getting hundreds of thousands of signatures. This prompted someon to come up with the nuts idea seeing as so many people seemed interested in getting it back.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Postal campaign would work better - I think that fans should send bits and pieces of their own friends in the post. This would be an effective campaign strategy:
    1. Uses the concept of friendship - central to the show
    2. Grabs the attention of the receiver immediately
    3. Brings the campaign to nation-wide attention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

ixoy wrote: »
    Postal campaign would work better - I think that fans should send bits and pieces of their own friends in the post. This would be an effective campaign strategy:

Removes fingers, leading to difficulty changing channel, thus increasing viewer loyalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I can't see this happening, too long has passed... Plus, how the hell are they going to be able to incorporate the whole Joey saga into it??

The series was good, no need for a film... Perhaps in like 10 years or something a special 2-parter to see where they are now, but not now...

ixoy wrote: »

That's actually a good idea.
    Also in the campaign I did make way for the suggestion of some sort of reunion, even tv specials once in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Friends was a great show, up until I was around 17 I thought it was a useful chick show revolving around feelings and single ladies. I saw a couple of episodes and was surprised at how it was actually good, granted the scenes revoloving around the girls could be a bit airheaded but Joey and Chandler were good character.

IMHO I think the reason it was such a success was how it managed to incorporate storylines that would appeal to guys and girls all at once, most of the girls I know loved the storys around Ross and Rachel whereas guys loved Joey and Chandler's antics.

As much as I love friends, I doubt a movie it would work, it would probabaly end up as a romcom with Ross and Rachel having a row before suddenly making up in the final scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Mr E wrote: »
    Make the deaths ironic too - Phoebe killed by rabid smelly cats, Joey's brain implodes, Ross killed by his now teenage son Ben for being a p**sy (etc.)

One of the finest ideas I've heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Not a hope of me supporting this. The show should have finished about three series before it actually did. It was funny for a while then just got sh*t and became the show Sky threw on when there was f*ck else on. It's dead. Get over it.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Not a hope of me supporting this. The show should have finished about three series before it actually did. It was funny for a while then just got sh*t and became the show Sky threw on when there was f*ck else on. It's dead. Get over it.

Lol, fine suit yourself. Entirely your opinion.

Anyway, I have scrapped the movie petition and have made one for just a tv reunion instead

www.petitiononline.com/FriendsR/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Lol, fine suit yourself. Entirely your opinion.

Anyway, I have scrapped the movie petition and have made one for just a tv reunion instead

www.petitiononline.com/FriendsR/

You are quite obsessed with this aren't you? I'm assuming you're the same WoolyRedHat I've seen pimping Friends on other fora?:p

Advertisement