Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KJW Sig P229 + Gas

Options
  • 18-03-2008 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

I have ordered and am (impatiently) awaiting delivery of a "KJW Sig P229 full metal". Problem I have is does it come with gas supplied? If not what gas do I need to buy?
    I saw on a website that there is an adaptor you can buy that makes it possible to use gas cans available in Woodies. Does anybody know anything about this?
    Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

It wont come with gas, that adapter you mentioned is for use with propane canisters which you can find in B+Q, and i think IAS sell them as well. Greengas is the other option which is basically the same as propane but more expensive and it doesnt require an adapter. You can get green gas from any of the Irish retailers.
    Your going love that gun when ya get gas for it, trust me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭rstans

Thanks. I'l order a couple of cans of Greengas and see howI get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Yep I got a KJW P226 big daddy of the 229 and its my favourite Pistol I own so far.

I even showed it to a friend who owns a Real P229 and the airsoft
    version looked just as good. The magazines in the airsoft version are metal
    the magazines in the real thing were made from plastic!!

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I have the P226 version of this just about a week now. I recommend green gas rather than 134a, as the weight of the metal slide will require a bit more energy. It is satisfyingly weighty and has a decent kick when you fire it :)

It took me a while to figure out the speed loading system for the magazine. It comes in the box in the form of a metal pipe and a bit of plastic that goes on the end of the magazine, along with a plastic rod to push BBs down the pipe. Much better than pushing them into the top of the mag one by one!

Advertisement