Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Do you get advice from your girlfriend when driving?

Options
  • 18-03-2008 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭

Just a light hearted thread for a bit of fun. does your girlfriend / partner / wife advice you when driving e.g.
    1. Go a bit slower
    2. Change gear
    3. Oh be careful for that pot hole

And how do you react to it all?

Do you get advice from your girlfriend? 31 votes

Yes, and the advice is helpful
    0%
    Yes, and some of the advice is helpful but some of it naggy
    3%
    Dr. Loon 1 vote
    Yes, and it can cause arguments.
    35%
    vorbisleahcimCaptain Slow IRLKeanochris85Tim RobbinsdmapreludeMarcus.AureliusGERMAN ROCKSconfuzedeoferrall 11 votes
    No, my girlfriend never advices me.
    35%
    joolsveerPáidLord NikonJHMEGTony HMr. LarsonWeaselatorEoin087eringobraghShe Devilcabrwab 11 votes
    Other please state
    25%
    chumpj@utisdogg_r_69Rowley Birkin QCcrosstownkMenamthdleincar 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

The last time it happened I apolagized for pushing the peddles and turning the wheel when she was driving.....I got out of the car went around to the drivers side ......that put an end to that.:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Some of us have moved past the girlfriend stage and now have wives (unfortunately).

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I had to tell a former partner to change gear all the time due to constantly redlining and 'not noticing' it.... but a bloke is allowed nag about driving, right? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I wouldn't call it 'advice'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

GF, no.

Me Ma? That's a different story...

Does screaming in fear with hands over eyes when you go over 50kmh count as advice?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

prospect wrote: »
    I wouldn't call it 'advice'

+1

I'd have picked option 2 and 3 if possible, but we haven't argued in a while over my driving! The only real complaint with me was to slow down.

Option 1 and 4 haven't been selected yet (early, I know), interesting to see if they are:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Yeah i have argued with herself, one day i was having none of it so pulled over, got out opened up the passenger and told her to f*cking drive i want to sleep my head has had enough of nagging!

She thought i was driving too slow on a dual carraigeway, the speedo said 110, the limit was 100. Just because people where passing me out.
    (oh no have i left myself open for abuse because i admitted speeding)

But god forbid i utter a word while she is driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Other please state
    Nope, opinions on driving from people who do not have full licenses are not entertained in my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

I have a loving wife who always drives over the speed limit and then creates hell if I even get near it. It's a female thing. Forget it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭N8

and my reply is 'there is a bus to.....' :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Girlfriend giving driving advice, is that similar to a priest giving advice
    on relationships? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

god YES!

slow down
    stop sign
    theres a pedestrian ahead, watch out for him

I've been driving longer than her and she gets nervous driving on busy motorways so I don't know why she thinks she should give advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'm beyond the getting advice thing at this stage. I just get the stare and deafening silence for 5 mins.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

WTF would a wimmen be doing talking to you about coking or cleaning when you are driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I usually just turn up the radio :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Yeah she tells me i'm past the sped limit.. I say if i'm goonna get caught its gonna be done right :D .. I've noticed I ca be snappy enough when she gives out to me behind the wheelm not deliberate. :o

Advertisement