Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone else think the CAO should publish course choice statistics?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 eoinalmighty

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Many exams, particularly maths, applied maths, physics and chemistry(and probably others I have no experience with), were also much harder back then...

I find it very hard to believe that the chemistry paper was harder! Its still touch and go because Ted, the examiner likes to just change the marking scheme whenever he feels like it! Like something that was soluble in water for years of examining now becomes slightly soluble! H2S i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭teckoda

Excellent question actually. And very debatable. I certainly thing that publishing these statistics would be beneficial. Especially to those students who are all going for the same course that has limited number of places available.

Some changes should be made in the system i believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

All it would result in would be less ambitious students being discouraged from applying for what they really want to do.

Advertisement