Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling duplex in limerick

Options
  • 18-03-2008 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I'm looking to sell a 3 bed duplex in the dooradoyle area of the city.. I'll be changing job so want to sell as i'll be leaving the city..

Basically the time for sale is all i'm worried about.. Its in good condition and i'll price it well.. Estate agents are saying it will take 3 - 6 months to sell etc etc. Don't know whether to believe them as they'll tell you anything to get the business. Does anyone have experience of selling in limerick recently and how is the market??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

just out of interest is it in Oakleigh Wood?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 needhelp200

Yeah it is!!! Any words of wisdom for me??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

From myhome.ie- 3 bed semis in the Dooradoyle area are making between 250 and 310 (depending on location, garage and other considerations). 3 bed apartments (such as Oakleigh Woods) would be making between 225 and 240 (there aren't very many on the market though- I can only find 3 online). 3 to 6 months to sell might actually be optimistic- with the large drops that have occurred in the market, many people who were compromising by getting an apartment or duplex are now figuring they can make their finances stretch to a semidetached- and there is plenty of choice in the area at prices that are no longer seen as at a prohibitive premium. Its increasingly difficult to sell townhouses/apartments.

If you price competitively and are prepared to negotiate with possible sellers- you should be ok- but its slow as hell out there- the days of whacking a "For Sale" up and having it sold in a few weeks are long gone.

Advertisement