Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanet broadband users?

Options
  • 18-03-2008 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hello all would just like to know if anyone else is using permanet broadband service here.Im using the 512kb connection in kerry and im very hsppy with it as my only other connection choice is 3

I just want to know what package you've got and what do you think of it as i might be upgrading from 512kb :D

Thanks all

Is your connection speed almost what its meant to be? 5 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    no
    100% 5 votes

Comments

Before I moved out of my parents house I had the Biz 2Mb package (which is really 1.5 down and 512k up). I joined in December 2005 just as they were getting started. Had a plethora of problems at first, mostly related to outages, but after about 6-7 months they mostly ironed themselves out and everything is grand.

I still have the connection there despite only visiting occasionally, keeps the parents and sis online and I get to use it when I go back. Plus the static IP is dead handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

I have the Biz 3mb service and been with permanet for around 2 years now, as the previous poster said, there were a few early problems, but have nothing but compliments now ..been very stable and working well ... like yourself i have no real alternative where i am ...

If i use one of the speed test sites then i generally get the following

2.75mb Down
    487k Up

Advertisement