Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!!! Broadband sync issue

Options
  • 18-03-2008 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hello,

Anybody else out there have this same issue, My broadband goes down between 5 -9p.m every day continously. Before this I upgraded to Eircom's 3mb package last september, never having issues before they began then. 2 engineers came to the house and the last one told me to go back to 2mb cause my line can't support it, I did this. After that I was still getting the same issue(s) my speedtests were bouncing between .5 to 1.5mb and I was still losing sync. After ringing IT and customer care alot they sent out over a space of time a 6th engineer (highly esteemed) expert I was told. That morning I did a few speedtest and started to get 1.6 to 1.8 constantly, a constant line for once and they told me there your getting 2mb so case closed on that, I said fair enough but what about losing sync after a few hours they came to a concluesion that it was more than likely a power source draining the connection between these times, I monitered this and fond this wasn't the case as there was nothing running one weekend and I had the house to myself. He also said it could be the house's around me. And that's that Eircom have rubbed there hands of me stating to me and COMREG that the issue is fixed and the other issue is out of Eircom control so they are not liable to do anything about it.

Apollogies if this is long it's my first tread,

Sharkey

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

I had a similar problem. It turned out that the broadband box was connected to an extension of the core phone line. This apparently reduces connection and quite often at busy times of the day the internet traffic will make your net go out of sync. There are 2 ways that I know of to fix this.

1. Get an electrician to upgrade the phoneline you are using to dsl.

2. Move the box to where the main phone connection is (this is the one I did) Have had no problems since.

Hope that helps..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭turnsoutIwas

Ring them up and ask them to change the interleaving to High. You'll probably get a more consistant sync then. Any tech in there can do it but you may have to explain it to some of em cause they wont know what it means.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Go through this troubleshooting guide to rule out as much as possible.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54381143&postcount=6

Advertisement