Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

information on how to get into childcare

Options
  • 18-03-2008 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi guys! my name is jackie and im 22! i've recently just left the guards after deciding it wasn't the career for me! now im thinking of going into childcare! i'd like to mind children in my own house rather than in a creche but im not too fussy:) i don't know how to go about getting the qualifications! im living in naas and if anybody could help me out with some information on courses, locations and costs i would really appreciate it! (anywhere in the dublin, kildare area) Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Check out for PLC courses in Social Studies/ Childcare. You'd get a FETAC level 5 cert after a full time year. Generally you're required to do work experience but the tutors will help you out with that.
    As far as I'm aware, it doesn't take qualifications to mind kids in your own home, just know the right people. Put ads up in local shops and stuff.
    I think most parents look to have their children minded by someone individually rather than creches.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jacks08

thank you lilly! i know there are ppl minding children in their own homes without qualifications but i didn't know if its actually legal to do so without the qualifications! but i'll take ur advice and start off by putting up some adds in the local shops! :)

Advertisement