Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good friday / Pub and clubs

Options
  • 18-03-2008 7:23pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭

obviously pretty much everywher is guna be closed on good friday, whats the story going to be on thursday nite/friday morning tho?

is it going to be normal thursday hours or will places be closing early r what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Everywhere has to close on the stroke of midnight AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

open again midnight friday though :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Right, im off to find an appropriate forum to have a nice long rant about the catholic church so!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Places with a theatre license can stay open.
    e.g. Tivoli Theatre is open with David Kitt &Jape doing dj sets.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Right, im off to find an appropriate forum to have a nice long rant about the catholic church so!:pac:

why, the pubs are closed for 2 days a year - is this really a big hardship? imagine, you might actually have to spend the day with your family and not in the pub :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

But on other days they can do both ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

it doesn't have the desired affect though - everyone stocks up at the offie and Good Friday becomes one of the main drinking days of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

All the best house parties are on Holy Thursday night & Good Friday. Much as I hate our licensing laws, we should probably leave this one as it is :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

irishbird wrote: »
    why, the pubs are closed for 2 days a year - is this really a big hardship? imagine, you might actually have to spend the day with your family and not in the pub :rolleyes:

+1, you would swear the world was ending on thursday, but im working on friday so it wont be a problem for me;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

It's a pity they can't ban being nice to people also, we might actually end up with a decent society.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

It's just one of those days that's terribly boring if you don't drink. I was invited to a party and I've no reason not to go. I can't believe the amount of people giving out that we can't go a day without drinking. For me it would be like not drinking on Christmas.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

irishbird wrote: »

:Di knew sumbody wud say that! just a rare oppurtunity to go out in dublin wit sum friends i dont get to see much of anymore presented itself, and the whole "closing at midnite" thing pissed on that parade!

im not that much of an alco, i swear!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

eirebhoy wrote: »
    It's just one of those days that's terribly boring if you don't drink. I was invited to a party and I've no reason not to go. I can't believe the amount of people giving out that we can't go a day without drinking. For me it would be like not drinking on Christmas.

every day is boring if you cant drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sohailc

apperantly rira, reynards and viper room are opening at 00 01. Any truth to that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Pub07

Anyone know anywhere opening at 12 tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I'm nearly certain the law is the pubs have to close until 12:30 PM the following Saturday (i.e. Saturday afternoon.) I vaguely remember reading that somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Pub07

Do you really need to ask that question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sohailc

ofcourse we need to drink otherwise this thread would not exist. My existence evolved around fridays and saturdays otherwise I have to work 12-14 hours a day in Sales...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Town was empty tonight, Temple Bar had people wandering around. And weirding there was a pub open on the Quays, somewhere along Aston/Wellington/Essex can't remember exactly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

And weirding there was a pub open on the Quays, somewhere along Aston/Wellington/Essex can't remember exactly.
    Probably the Viper Room(s). It has a theatre licence and can stay open.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Probably about right when I think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Just came across this thread now. I think it's awfull that someone didn't enjoy House-Party Friday! OP: how old are ye? HPF is the day you stock up beer, go over to a mates gaff, and drink for as long as possible.

Advertisement