Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone had there unwanted tattoo removed by excision?

Options
  • 18-03-2008 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi everyone,

I am new to the boards. i am hoping to find someone who has had there tattoo removed by having it surgically cut out....

I have a small 3"x3" tat on my shoulder and I have had about ten or twelve laser treatments that faded it alot but it is still there. I then got two tattoo erase treatments and am now left with scars wherever the needle hit my skin. S0o now I am left with a bad ass tattoo that is covered with scars and is just mangled. I feel my only solution now is to have it cut out.

The clane hospital in Kildare offer this treatment. Does anybody know about it...is it worth it?? is it painful??etc..

Thanks in advance for any info...

oh btw its a taz on my shoulder:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Any Pics of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd imagine that it'd be something akin to a skin graft...

I'd also say would you consider getting a cover-up tattoo done, where you get a new tattoo of something you like (And won't go off this time!) that will cover/mask your old tattoo? It would be a lot cheaper and I'd imagine it'd be less painful and leave less of a mark on your arm than getting the skin removed from the area and new skin grafted in!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

They don't graft skin back in the excision method just cut it out and leave it scar up.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Brother in law got all of his removed by excision because he didnt like them anymore :)

To be honest the scars look worse than the tattoos ever did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Brother in law got all of his removed by excision because he didnt like them anymore :)

To be honest the scars look worse than the tattoos ever did.
    id say excision would be expensive to have done?Would it depend on the size of the tattoo,i suppose ye could get this done on the medical card?If i was done can a tattoo still de done on the after the surgery?

• Advertisement

davey180 wrote: »
    id say excision would be expensive to have done?Would it depend on the size of the tattoo,i suppose ye could get this done on the medical card?If i was done can a tattoo still de done on the after the surgery?
    Wouldn't say it could be done on the medical card, as it'd be elective, cosmetic surgery.

I still think that a coverup tattoo is the best way to go, the excision sounds uglier the more I think about it, with pretty bad results too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

If there is a severe amount of scaring left from the tattoo erase treatment would it be possible to tattoo over the scar tissue? I may be a bit late for a cover up.

Would really depend on the extent of the scarring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 love2shop

Thanks for the info. Here is a pic of the half tattoo/scars:(....

It doesnt look the best sorry but the tats on my shoulder so it was awkward to get a picture. The skin is all lumpy to the touch from the tattoo e-rase scarring.

I dont want to get a cover-up as I just dont want a tattoo on my shoulder. I got this one when I was 15 and now that Im 27 I have outgrown it. I have another on my lower back which I love and a small one on my ankle also. I just dont want one on my shoulder.

This tat cost me £45 to get and has cost me almost €1500 so far to try and remove it so kids be warned;)

HELLRAZER~could you get a pic of you bro-in-laws scar or get a price from him to give me an idea and where did he get it done?~thanks a million:D

Wow, that's a good case against anyone using that tattoo e-rase! :(

Also an argument for waiting till you're old enough to get a tattoo... ;)

Hope you get sorted love2shop!

• Advertisement
Advertisement