Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Nation, Bray, anyone had any dealings?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Stay away from Car Nation in Bray at all costs.

Care to quantify/substantiate that nugget of advice there?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

the only time i went there was to look at a 5 series with my uncle and it was some pig of a car the side of it looked like it was repaired by a 5 year old, and the shocks were gone in the back, cant remember what else was wrong with it was a few years ago, but the dealer was actin as if it was in showroom condition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭T-Bird

peasant wrote: »
    Care to quantify/substantiate that nugget of advice there?

We purchased a car from them and i guess we made a mistake in believing what we were told by seller. That evening clutch had gone, called dealer and said it was sold as seen. Took car to local garage, they replaced clutch and informed us that one front tyre was down to metal wire on inner-side. The next week engine started leaking oil, took it to back to local garage and they cleaned out where oil was leaking from and said see how it goes. Car got 2km down road and it stopped. Engine had seized. Car Nation wee informed about this but could not give two hoots all he said was sold as seen... sold as seen.. sold as seen...

He gets cash for dangerous car, we get dangerous car and it seems that we can not do a single thing about it..

Fair trade? Think not.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Some dealers will say to you the moment you start looking at a car that everything is sold as seen, no warranties etc. If he said this to you and you bought a car without having it checked THOROUGHLY by someone who knows what's what, then you have no reason to complain. If, however, he did not specify that it was sold as seen, then you definitely have cause for complaint, and possibly some form of legal recourse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

We purchased a car from them and i guess we made a mistake in believing what we were told by seller. That evening clutch had gone, called dealer and said it was sold as seen. Took car to local garage, they replaced clutch and informed us that one front tyre was down to metal wire on inner-side. The next week engine started leaking oil, took it to back to local garage and they cleaned out where oil was leaking from and said see how it goes. Car got 2km down road and it stopped. Engine had seized. Car Nation wee informed about this but could not give two hoots all he said was sold as seen... sold as seen.. sold as seen...

He gets cash for dangerous car, we get dangerous car and it seems that we can not do a single thing about it..

Fair trade? Think not.

In fairness, the tire was down to the WIRE! by far the easiest thing to notice wrong on a car that's otherwise fine and you didn't notice? Did you just look and see "hm, the car is clean..it's grand!!"
    You must not have checked a thing.

your own fault tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Got my current car from these guys last spring for a relatively decent price (that they wouldn't budge on)...got a 3 mth engine/GB warranty on it and Lorcan seemed happy to stand by the car. I only gave it a quick going over under the bonnet, couple of drives, and rang the dealership he said he'd bought from to check history etc....felt a bit edgy for a few weeks afterwards thinking something major was going to go on the engine or suspension but it didn't. Dealership mechanic looked at it recently and said everything was well...have done almost 10K KM in it since purchase. The only way I could fault the car was some minor impact damage to the rear wheel arch and bumper from a previous incident (local bodyshop is asking silly money to sort it out).
    All in all I was happy with the place and the car. As with anything it's buyer beware and if you don't know much about cras, it's best to have someone who does come along with you, or to get a report done by a mechanic. I wouldn't have a problem dealing with them again...

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DrNuyenVanFaulk

Hmmm, generally wary of any garage that's not a member of SIMI, who are good go-betweens if there's a problem, and who ensure a certain level of quality.

I think I'll give this a miss, so....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Hmmm, generally wary of any garage that's not a member of SIMI, who are good go-betweens if there's a problem, and who ensure a certain level of quality.

They are not a good go between, and they do not ensure any level of quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,249 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

LOL, who told you that nonsense? There are as many chancers operating behind fancy showroom windows as there are out of portacabins.

I suppose the same person told you all used cars from the UK are clocked too?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,324 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Zombie thread - don't bother posting.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Please don't raise old threads.
    As for SIMI, the less said the better IMO!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement