Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yikes!!!!!!!!!!

• 18-03-2008 8:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭

Here's the story,when i got in from the gym my mam had my dinner made for me,she knows that im all into getting the protein in from being a gym head etc.

Lately iv been monitoring my diet a lot as im tryin to loose a bit of weight, but she had made me a 5 egg omelette with 2 slices of edam cheese and ham,and thinking back over it now although it might be low in carbs, it must be super high in calories!!!!

It has me a bit worried that if i keep it up then my cholesterol will go mad.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Gintonious wrote: »

It has me a bit worried that if i keep it up then my cholesterol will go mad.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

The egg youke cholesterol thing was disproven dont worry about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Many will take carbs after a weights workout, most PWO shakes are 2 parts simple carbs to 1 part protein, immediately after workout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

rubadub wrote: »
    Many will take carbs after a weights workout, most PWO shakes are 2 parts simple carbs to 1 part protein, immediately after workout.

it's .8g of carb and .4g of protein per kg of body weight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Don't worry about the breakfast. Yes, it's on the big side, but a good breakfast can set you up for the day and stop you snacking and nibbling all day long.

Eggs are good for you, they won't affect your cholesterol. If anything, they tend to lower LDL (bad) cholesterol and raise HDL (good).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Sorry to raise this from the dead, but what's the story with cholesterol in eggs? Any literature out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Google it yourself, but the short answer is that the cholesterol in eggs do not automatically translate into cholesterol in your blood. Most of the cholesterol in your blood is made by your liver, which makes more if you eat a low fat diet!

In fact, the last bit of research I saw found that whole eggs was a weapon against cholesterol, they lower LDL (bad) cholesterol and raise HDL (good).

Advertisement