Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSS question

Options
  • 18-03-2008 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

can anyone help me out with something,,look here
    http://smartwavetech.com/

see the way the header and footer are 100% but the rest of the site is centered. How can i do this in CSS.

should i have a header div and float another div in the middle for the text/logos,, then have a wrapper centered for all the middle bits and then the same as i did for the header for the footer ?

Or is there a much easier way to get this.

I was thinking of just setting the body background with an image but if the site went over a centain height it would repeat on it's self.

I know it's not to hard... but i cant think of it at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Header-wrapper div with 100% width. Header-inner div with 800px (or whatever) width within it and margin : auto;.

Same for the footer.

800px wide content-wrapper between the two.

....which I think is pretty much what you said. So yeah, that's the way I'd do it.

Advertisement