Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing Chips in Carbon

Options
  • 18-03-2008 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

I just got back from some cycling abroad and when i took the bike out of the case, there were some small chips out of the paint on the fork.
    Its just the paintwork that is damaged, the fork is not damaged. What should i put on these chips to protect them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

I know a few guys who have issues with lacquer peeling from frames which is a similar problem I guess. They have used clear nail varnish to cover the spots that have peeled, I'd say you could do the same.

The layer of lacquer and the first layers of carbon weave (how deep I don't know) do not effect the structural soundness of the part, so you don't need to worry about any cosmetic damage ...

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

ive read that somewhere else about the nail varnish. ill give it a shot, i just want something to seal it up again

Advertisement