Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car scratches

Options
  • 18-03-2008 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭

What the best way to sort these out? Now they are not deep scratches,you can run your fingers over them without feeling any ridges....Could you buff them out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

They should buff out, but not with t-cut or scratch-x, you will need to use a rotary or orbital buffer with a good compound.

If not you would need to wetsand the scratches and then buff out.

Where you based, I could have a go for you, I'm in Dublin.

Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

This is only some of them,its a newish Honda Accord. Getting an extension at present and the lads who were working on the roof and hacking off the old ridge tiles,didn't bother with my car and down went a hail of stones and the like onto the top,boot and bonnet of car. Little dents and scratches on car now,and they even scratched the passenger window. Can you actually buff out a scratch on glass?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Btw, the above pic's were not the cause of a hail of stones....The other half.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

mad m wrote: »
    This is only some of them,its a newish Honda Accord. Getting an extension at present and the lads who were working on the roof and hacking off the old ridge tiles,didn't bother with my car and down went a hail of stones and the like onto the top,boot and bonnet of car. Little dents and scratches on car now,and they even scratched the passenger window. Can you actually buff out a scratch on glass?

I'd be getting the builder to pay for the damage he did, you can get the dents taken out by paintless dent removal and then a paint correction detail to remove the scratches. 6-700 euro would cover it, 425 for the correction detail and the rest on paintless dent removal.

Neil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭lizzyd66

It should be covered by your builders insurance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement