Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son of Training Run...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 fergal.t

Hi, I need to get my chain fixed on a racer, can anyone recommend a good bike shop in the city. I know that there are a view put I don't want to get ripped off

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭emty

That was a nice fun spin Now I am off to the pub..I mean pool for a very quick swim and a long lie-down in the steam room!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Kenmc is home and very smelly :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Due to the probability of chauffeur duties to my kids training runs this morning I didn't commit to this but I did get out and passed a group on the Enniskerry Road at 10.30. There were 3 out front in identical tops, toh they might have been a separate group cos I met them again on the Dargle Road in Bray later. Were you a group of 6 with a female in tow who gave me a loud (and very welcome) salte across the road as we passed at the Kilternan Hotel. Hope all went well and hope to join up with you in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

brayblue24 wrote: »
    Due to the probability of chauffeur duties to my kids training runs this morning I didn't commit to this but I did get out and passed a group on the Enniskerry Road at 10.30. There were 3 out front in identical tops, toh they might have been a separate group cos I met them again on the Dargle Road in Bray later. Were you a group of 6 with a female in tow who gave me a loud (and very welcome) salte across the road as we passed at the Kilternan Hotel. Hope all went well and hope to join up with you in the future

The 3 in front weren't us, the rest were!

Was much fun anyway (even if I did have to walk a lil bit -damn single speed!)

I think I'll be out tomorrow, for a quick spin out to Enniskerry, then back via Bray. If anyone fancies it, I'll be leavin the dog track at 10, Dundrum about quarter past.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mollyontheweb

brayblue24 wrote: »
    Were you a group of 6 with a female in tow who gave me a loud (and very welcome) salte across the road as we passed at the Kilternan Hotel. Hope all went well and hope to join up with you in the future

ha ha... we were six, i am female, and have been described as loud :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

So, now I've showered, de-odourised and eaten I can finally type :)
    Was a great run, a good steady but gentle pace up to Glencree, then we split. Was actually relatively easy going up over the gap, but coming down was a bit of a struggle with the headwind! I was a full 20km/h slower on the descent than my last descent!Madness! Off down to Blessington, then Naas and through a sleet shower before I started to die due to the almost non-stop headwind from there. Finally called in the cavalry at clane - just couldn't face the long long headwind from there to Celbridge. Oh well. Feeling good now though, might go for a spin tomorrow to loosen out the legs..
    Thanks to all for a lovely morning!
    K

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

kenmc wrote: »
    So, now I've showered, de-odourised and eaten I can finally type :)

i hear you there.

that was a lovely spin. good company too. i was pleasantly surprised by how well i felt on the way back too, which bodes well. i think i'll even have another wee go tomorrow :).

Tiny- harold's x? 10am?

niceonetom wrote: »

Tiny- harold's x? 10am?

Yup! See you there :)

Yup! See you there :)

right so. any other takers?

• Advertisement

I kind of slept in, so missed this today!

Stupid Easter drinkin

I kind of slept in, so missed this today!

Stupid Easter drinkin

don't blame the drink, blame the drinker. slightly poor form dude. but i'll let you off this once. :p

well i turned up. as did 'the boss of me', and had a decent oul spin out to enniskerrry and back via glencree. went out a different way than last time but came back along the same route.

after two days of that i just went out to do a few of laps of the phoenix park and found it tougher than i ever have before.

Advertisement