Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Types of rocks in North Cork

Options
  • 18-03-2008 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

Does anyone know where i can get a geological survey that will tell me what kind of rocks there are in north cork (michelstown, glanworth, fermoy)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Kidd-o wrote: »
    survey that will tell me what kind of rocks there are in north cork

I reckon that they are all hard ones :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭homosapien

try the Geological Survey of Ireland website. You can order geological maps for regions of Ireland there, including stratigraphic cross-sections of the area you are interested in..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Hot Dog

Ask a geologist - me

Likely clastics, It is the muster basin which consist of a lot of Devonian age river systems. Braided streams and the like. Mainly sandstone and siltstone ill bet. I could check though.

http://193.178.1.182/website/gsi_multi/viewer.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

thanks a mill, we think we found under ground rivers and some caves, but before going walk abouts said we'd see if we had the "stones" heehee for those interested thanks a mill

Advertisement