Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

totally car illiterate

Options
  • 18-03-2008 11:11pm

Hi all :D

Im looking to buy my first car and am looking for nissan micra.
    Everyone keeps telling me different things about what year to get or what milage to get ect,..

What year should i be looking to get and what is a good milage for a car. My budget is 2000 to 3000 euro.
    What should i be staying away from and if the nct is due to be renewed should i stay away from that car ?????

See I havent a clue. :confused:

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Make sure to get a car with an NCT. will save you alot of hassle. Have a check on carzone.ie and buy and sell and look for the best one for you budget. Get a friend or a mechanic to help you with your search. best of loo ith your hunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

Start off by spending a few evenings on carzone.ie/cbg.ie in order to familiarise yourself with whats out there within your price bracket.
    Do try and get one with a long NCT it's not a sure way of protecting yourself but as being a novice at least will give you peace of mind.
    Do not go to buy on your own, bring someone with you that has some experience.
    For mileage on car take notice of wear & tear/seats/steering wheel/foot pedals/condition of tyres/car panel alignment etc.
    If it's got small miles all above should be in pretty good order, if not walk away.
    Being a novice do not rush in, look at motorcheck.ie when you are about to commit.
    Happy hunting...

Advertisement