Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Central locking misbehaving.

Options
  • 18-03-2008 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

I have a ford focus and the central locking has stopped working. When you lock it, it immediatly unlocks again.

Any idea what may be wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

This may sound obvious, but have you made sure that all doors and the tailgate are shut properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

BlueSpud wrote: »
    I have a ford focus and the central locking has stopped working. When you lock it, it immediatly unlocks again.

Any idea what may be wrong?

Make sure all the interior handles are moving OK. On an old Orion I had the passenger door handle got stuck half way so the car would randomly trigger the central locking while driving - very Christine :eek:

If that is the case, a bit of WD40 should do the trick to free up the stuck handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭BlueSpud

Anan1 wrote: »
    This may sound obvious, but have you made sure that all doors and the tailgate are shut properly?

Yup, went to all doors and gave them a good sound closing, but no joy.
    Make sure all the interior handles are moving OK. On an old Orion I had the passenger door handle got stuck half way so the car would randomly trigger the central locking while driving - very Christine

Will check that, dont get the 'very Christine' line ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Does it lock using the key ?
    What year is your Focus ? 2003-05 Ford Focus are known to have central locking problems, Ford Technical Service say more than likely its caused by corrosion on the door latch connectors, clean them and pack them full of dielectric grease. If this isn't the problem it's either the key or fuse 63 is blown.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

BlueSpud wrote: »

Will check that, dont get the 'very Christine' line ...

This may help........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭BlueSpud

Guys, it is the wiring/sensor for the boot door. It is an estate, and when I wiggle the wires going to the door, the car locks, some of the time. Looks like its a garage job. Thanks for the pointers.

Looked at the Christine link, I am not in that territory, TG.

Advertisement