Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was anyone at all wearing shamrock yesterday, St Patrick's Day?

• 19-03-2008 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

What's happened to the tradition of wearing shamrock on the 17th.? Did you see anyone with a sprig of our beloved native plant in their lapel?
    So few people seem to bother going out and picking some. They'd rather pay for green hats and other Chinese creations, it seems.
    I'll not be convinced that the great sheafs of greenery that RTE newsreaders were wearing was shamrock. Didn't look like it to me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I was wearing it in work... until I knelt over and it fell into the toilet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

my mother ........the embarrassement!|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

She Devil wrote: »
    my mother ........the embarrassement!|
    Nothing embarraassing like your mother wearing shamrock.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Id never buy it of anyone selling it on the street, and I dont think iv came across it anywhere else..

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭racram

:D I was wearing it too. One of the local schools sold shamrock for €2 a bunch as a fundraiser!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭henboy9

I was wearing it in work... until I knelt over and it fell into the toilet :(
    ? MURDERER were you praying to the toilet god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

henboy9 wrote: »
    ? MURDERER were you praying to the toilet god

I was wondering that myself did you find mecca :):pac:
    Ardkeen were selling it by the checkouts.

Advertisement