Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Anime

Options
  • 19-03-2008 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone know if there has ever been an Irish Anime made? Seems like it could be interesting to do. Maybe revitalise some of the folklore that Ireland is awash with.....

If done what would be funny to do?

Maybe some strange anime that follows a homeless man around and during the day he is typical, just begging and trying to stay alive. By night he has to literally fight to stay alive, against the forces of evil that rise from the Liffey. hahahahaha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

theres been a few irish artists in the tokyopop rising stars of manga Uk and Ireland books so theres some manga style artists knocking around but animation is slightly more expensive to produce - most of the studios spend most of their time doing ad work to make ends meet. I just finished working on a feature film which will be out in cinemas in october but its a very much traditional animation style with a touch of celtic design [its based on the book of kells] I've seen a few bits of anime style animation by Irish animators but its usually just small line tests they did for fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

ztoical wrote: »
    theres been a few irish artists in the tokyopop rising stars of manga Uk and Ireland books so theres some manga style artists knocking around but animation is slightly more expensive to produce - most of the studios spend most of their time doing ad work to make ends meet. I just finished working on a feature film which will be out in cinemas in october but its a very much traditional animation style with a touch of celtic design [its based on the book of kells] I've seen a few bits of anime style animation by Irish animators but its usually just small line tests they did for fun.

Any wayof viewing those small line tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

owlwink wrote: »
    Any wayof viewing those small line tests?

some animators have their show reels online - I can prob find one or two but I'm stuck on a ****ty dial up connection while I move house and it would take hours to open any of those pages right now - will look when I get my broadband back.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,482 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

owlwink wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone know if there has ever been an Irish Anime made? Seems like it could be interesting to do. Maybe revitalise some of the folklore that Ireland is awash with.....

If done what would be funny to do?

Maybe some strange anime that follows a homeless man around and during the day he is typical, just begging and trying to stay alive. By night he has to literally fight to stay alive, against the forces of evil that rise from the Liffey. hahahahaha

Im working on a video game project at the moment that kinda falls in that general ballpark ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

Overheal wrote: »
    Im working on a video game project at the moment that kinda falls in that general ballpark ;)

What type of videogame ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement