Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have been a lazy b'tard over the holidays

Options
  • 19-03-2008 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭

I said to myself that I'd do a bit of study over the holidays but that hasnt materialised. I managed half an hour in the UCD library last week. I also said I'd get started on me essays which has not happened either. Has anybody else lived the high life at the expense of a bit of guilt over the holiers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Haven't opened a book, don't feel too guilty either though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Meh, I've spent the last 3 years cramming and getting away with it, although not so much in final year.

You always end up having more time than you originally thought anyway, enjoy the break :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Yup I've had too much fun over the last week and now I'm scared coz I've sooo much to do :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I spent the first few days doing an essay, the weekend partying, and now it'll be back to essaying tomorrow.

Though I shall miss going to sleep at half 4 and getting up at 1 in the afternoon. It'll be cram city for the next couple of months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

join the club. Still have not done anything yet. I like making things difficult

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I was on placement all last week so no work got done at all. I was just too damn tired to get it done.

Had great intentions for the weekend but that only worked for saturday, so now I'm having to major catch up as I realised my exam isn't that long away and I only started working for it yesterday.

Hmmm. College sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Im in bed now. Ill go in later and stay until close

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I've been on a bender since the middle of February.
    My thesis is still a huge pile of scribles and a bibliography. I'm well screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

i have done about 10% of what i planned to have done

i'm only kinda bit lucky i'm off Tuesday, just 1 lecture wednesday and not in until the afternoon on Thursday so i still a bit of extra time than most on my hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I've got 50% done... but I still have to do an essay and a exam to study for. And engineers Ireland are doing a talk on my essay title... the day after its due

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

gubbie wrote: »
    I've got 50% done... but I still have to do an essay and a exam to study for. And engineers Ireland are doing a talk on my essay title... the day after its due

I smell an extension

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 smallthing

I was on a field trip til tuesday (good old geology takin away most of my mid term....), then came home ta wexford to my parents hassling me bout wether i'm goin into 4th yr or not n how i've done s**t the last 3 yrs so i need ta put work in ta get into 4th yr... n also telling me how a general degree isn't good enough (which is wat i'll get if i dont get into 4th yr....)......

.....N i'm stil not doing any study... not good.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭wandering_star

Too busy destressing for my summer exams to worry about something as trivial as studying :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I just have no discipline whatsoever........

Went to the library at about 11am and spent the first hour or so trying to update the firmware on my phone. Then realised my battery was only half full, so decided to study til it runs empty. So I took a few notes in between posting on boards. Now I'm at home on boards. I have a mid-term on Tuesday..... boo........

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

guilty as fcuk

Booked a deadly summer, so plan on studying with that as an incentive, but had to get a job to pay for aforementioned deadly summer, so spent the last two weeks reeling in the money...and now havent studied...at least i can afford the repeats haha.

gonna get the head down for a good hour....see how i get on ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭imarugbyball

Yes, im only starting my work that id left to do over the easter (read: all of it today but i found out some essay ive been stressing is worth 25% and not 50% so im actually not stressed at all, doesnt even matter if i throw in a scrap of paper with nonsense now coz thers only liek 10% on the line really.

By "b'tard" do you mean wasting time on here or on /b/ because if the former you are a huge loser and if the latter a winnar is you but YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG as it is spelled /b/tard and you are therefore made exclusively of fail and you fail it either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Dave why did the phone's battery life play such a role in your study plans?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

I dont think many people have studied over the mid-term, its kind of the last time everyone can relax before the exams begin. And on another point, are we back in on Monday or Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Bunch of wasters. Even I'm studying in the UCD library and I don't even go to college anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭wandering_star

evidently you're studying very hard from all your posts :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

7 years is a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Grimes wrote: »
    Dave why did the phone's battery life play such a role in your study plans?
    lol..... sorry, that was my laptop whose battery was running out :D I needed to check out sh*t on the interweb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

i'm now up to about 14.62% of what i planned to have done over easter

in other words i'm going to be totally raped with work for the last 5 weeks of college :(

but i will surviiiiiive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I know, I followed through on so little of my great plans ..I'm fooked :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

I've done absolutely nothing over the break. I can't wait till tuesday, i'll feel more motivated back in Dublin and in college.so much mounting up, i almost don't know where to start! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

did nothing

5000 word essay due on friday

2500 due on tuesday

neither started yet

^^ uck. I've a presentation to do in my first class on Tuesday which I haven't started. Kill me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mr Ed

Ah the memories, i use to leave everything to the last minute and i mean the v last minute.

I'd pull alnighteres to get the assignments in on time starting them at about midnight before they were due in the next day.

Ye've plenty of time so stop the worrying!

That's the thing though, I'm usually sooo not a last-minute person, which is why I feel rather confused now making it harder to know where to start...ugh.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

This was me every single year so far. Springtime was always a time of little study and much laziness. Hell, I'm on a year out and working this year and I'm so lazy I'm practically horizontal.

Advertisement