Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi man stabbed to death in (Fortlawn) Blancharstown

Options
  • 19-03-2008 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭

News just in:

It is being reported that a taxi man has been stabbed to death in Fortlawn, Blanchardstown. It is early yet and has yet to be confirmed but locals say that it appears that the driver was dropping off a fare when he was stabbed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭roy123456789

TheNog wrote: »
    News just in:

It is being reported that a taxi man has been stabbed to death in Fortlawn, Blanchardstown. It is early yet and has yet to be confirmed but locals say that it appears that the driver was dropping off a fare when he was stabbed.

Word is this is true, maybe It's time to bail out on this job

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Terrible news. I passed the scene this morning.

RTE are now saying his wife and car were in the car at the time which makes even more worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Just looking at RTE now and they say he picked up a man and woman in Clonee who were known to him. He wasn't on a fair. A row broke out and he got of the car and started running

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 superman24

cant believe wat happened to this taxi driver!i know this fella an hes a decent guy.i live beside him a while now an u wouldnt meet a nicer guy,now granted i dont now him a long time,but i cant for the life of me understand why someone would do this??especially if his gf and child was wit him at the time! can anyone shed anymore light on this for me about wat happened? i just hope that whoever done this is locked up an the key thrown away cos that poor kid now has lost a dad who adored him an i dont know but probably watched him die!!! he was only about 2 yrs old!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

He lived in Duleek, Co. Meath and picked up a couple "who were known to him". A row ensued and he ran from the car with the couple chasing after him. Apparently a local tried to help him.

It's upsetting that someone could kill someone in front of the victims family, and someone they know at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Long gone are the days when an arguement was sorted verbally or by a fair box. Nowadays it is hit, stab or shoot when the other is not looking and these people are proud of it.

Cowards they are

Advertisement