Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conventions

Options
  • 19-03-2008 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭

Anyone going to any conventions this year? I'm hoping to go to the London convention in September and Middleton during the summer if I like anybody working there.

xtruthx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Anyone going to any conventions this year? I'm hoping to go to the London convention in September and Middleton during the summer if I like anybody working there.

xtruthx
    id love to go to any as i cant get any info for the ireland conventions,let me know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Maybe somebody could stick this but so far

Ink and Iron Tattoo Convention & Custom Show (12th-13th April) (http://www.inkandiron.co.uk/)
    Liverpool Tattoo Convention (7th/8th June) (www.tattooconvention.co.uk)
    TattooJam (August 1st-3rd) (www.tattoojam.co.uk)
    London Tattoo Convention (September 26th-28th) (www.thelondontattooconvention.com)

Maybe somebody could stick this but so far

Ink and Iron Tattoo Convention & Custom Show (12th-13th April) (http://www.inkandiron.co.uk/)
    Liverpool Tattoo Convention (7th/8th June) (www.tattooconvention.co.uk)
    TattooJam (August 1st-3rd) (www.tattoojam.co.uk)
    London Tattoo Convention (September 26th-28th) (www.thelondontattooconvention.com)
    surely there has to be one in ireland,Thanks for the info,id say TattooJam (August 1st-3rd) would be a good one aload of americans and joe myler will be there.

Tattoojam sounds good but most of the artists are probably fully booked, they announced the lineup ages ago. London's lineup hasn't been announced yet, so you could probably get some work done and you could make more of a holiday of it then Tattoo Jam since that's in Wales somewhere.

xtruthx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

went to one in february over here, was really good. got a lot of compliments for my ankle tat cos apparently it's very unusual, though it's still gotta be touched up. found my dream artist for my sleeve at it too, so was a pretty good day for me.

• Advertisement

Tattoojam sounds good but most of the artists are probably fully booked, they announced the lineup ages ago. London's lineup hasn't been announced yet, so you could probably get some work done and you could make more of a holiday of it then Tattoo Jam since that's in Wales somewhere.

xtruthx
    on the tattoo jam link has all the details like;
    http://www.tattoojam.co.uk/Visiting/Accommodation;sectionid=1
    http://www.tattoojam.co.uk/Visiting/Bars
    http://www.tattoojam.co.uk/Visiting
    i might consider going there,any body else on this forums wants to go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Eire_Tattoo

I'm heading to the London one anyway. Have four hours booked with Bugs at it.

I don't know who's tattooing at the London one yet but in an ideal world between this one, brighton and the next London convention I'd like to get work from Phil Kyle, Seth Cifferi, Joe Cappobianco, Xam (Frith St.), Thomas Hooper, Hata, Bob Done and Diego. Aside from that some work from Boog, Daniel Di Mattia and a backpiece from Lu's Lips would be amazing.

xtruthx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

wowo sure youve enough skin to get tattooed by all of em? :)

Wilburt wrote: »
    plus their signatures too lol

• Advertisement

I'm heading to the London one anyway. Have four hours booked with Bugs at it.
    wow i ve seen him on tattoo wars great work from him,How did manage to get a booking with bugs?

Wilburt wrote: »

I've got way too much untattooed skin. From Phil Kyle, Seth Cifferi, Xam, Hata and Diego I want a piece each on my right arm. I want Thomas Hooper to do the background on my left sleeve, Boog for some script on my chest, Joe Capobianco for a pinup girl chestpiece, tribal on my feet from Daniel DiMattia, my back from Lu's Lips and from there I've still got my neck, hands, fingers and stomach. I still have both legs from the knee up and no clue what to do with them and I'll probably go to the oldskool guys again to get a pirate themed half legsleeve on my left leg. Bodysuit here we come.

xtruthx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Eire_Tattoo

davey180 wrote: »
    wow i ve seen him on tattoo wars great work from him,How did manage to get a booking with bugs?

I contacted him about getting a tattoo a year or two ago. I am getting a sleeve done by him. It is all planned out. I have had two sessions with him already, another in September and a few more after that again.

I contacted him about getting a tattoo a year or two ago. I am getting a sleeve done by him. It is all planned out. I have had two sessions with him already, another in September and a few more after that again.
    bah im jelous:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I might go to the london one if I have some spare time. Though tattoo conventions depress me mainly as I'm too broke to get any decent work done at the mo.

I might go to the london one if I have some spare time. Though tattoo conventions depress me mainly as I'm too broke to get any decent work done at the mo.
    not getting any work at the circus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

May aswel put this here; but does anyone know when the Midleton tattoo Expo is being held this year?

!!! wrote: »
    May aswel put this here; but does anyone know when the Midleton tattoo Expo is being held this year?
    theres a thread started by Femme Tat about the middleton expo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Will be going to London I'd say, and also maybe State of the Art in Derby, although it's been going downhill in recent years. The new venue for London looks pretty cool, so hope it continues to get better as it has the last couple of years

Advertisement