Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranoia Agent

Options
  • 19-03-2008 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Sorry if people think I'm swamping the place.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen the wonderful work of genius that is paranoia agent?????

What did people make of it????

My personal favourite episode is the one that deals with the suicide club, really quirky....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Saw it a while ago, definitely one of the weirder animes similar to serial experiments lain only a bit less serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I watched the first episode and genuinely couldn't say whether I liked it or not. Does it get..... less....vague?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

I watched the first episode and genuinely couldn't say whether I liked it or not. Does it get..... less....vague?

Stick with it, there is no doubt it is tedious and quite often confusing. If you are going to give it a proper chance get your hands on the entire series and watch a few episodes before you make your mind up. It really starts to get interesting when the plot is established and the myth of the killer is followed through episodes that portray varying elements of myth establishment. The finale is also very interesting. Really does bring the whole thing together

owlwink wrote: »
    Stick with it, there is no doubt it is tedious and quite often confusing. If you are going to give it a proper chance get your hands on the entire series and watch a few episodes before you make your mind up. It really starts to get interesting when the plot is established and the myth of the killer is followed through episodes that portray varying elements of myth establishment. The finale is also very interesting. Really does bring the whole thing together

Nice one, i think i'll go back to it after a while... i'm currently in the middle of watching Evangelion, Black Lagoon & Samurai Champloo so after a few of those have been watched i'll start on new ones! so many class animes, so little time!

Nice one, i think i'll go back to it after a while... i'm currently in the middle of watching Evangelion, Black Lagoon & Samurai Champloo so after a few of those have been watched i'll start on new ones! so many class animes, so little time!

If you havent seen it yet you should definitely check out Paprika as well.

Make sure to make time for paranoia agent. It will reward.

• Advertisement

owlwink wrote: »
    If you havent seen it yet you should definitely check out Paprika as well.

Make sure to make time for paranoia agent. It will reward.

I got Papurika but haven't watched it yet. Heard good things though. I will definitely give PA a shot anyways. Cheers man! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lizardkite

owlwink. I took your advice. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

The guy wrote: »
    Saw it a while ago, definitely one of the weirder animes similar to serial experiments lain only a bit less serious.

Thats exactly how I'd describe it as well. One of my favourite animes it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bookworm192398

My favourite anime series by far. Gripping plot, intriguing characters and and one of the most bizarre opening credits ever to grace my tv screen. :D

My favourite anime series by far. Gripping plot, intriguing characters and and one of the most bizarre opening credits ever to grace my tv screen. :D

Yeah, you have to adore the opening credits

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I got Papurika but haven't watched it yet. Heard good things though. I will definitely give PA a shot anyways. Cheers man! :)

I've had it for ages but only got around to watching it the other day... Definitely worth a watch if you enjoyed PA

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I've seen alot of the episodes out of order, but must sit down and watch the whole thing true. I do think Kon is a genius though: all of his films are utterly fantastic: Paprika and Millenium Actress especially.

tman wrote: »
    I've had it for ages but only got around to watching it the other day... Definitely worth a watch if you enjoyed PA

I might download Paprika now.

Speaking of Paranoia agent, isn't the ending theme brilliant, it's very psycho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Just got it the other day. Watched the first episode and it seemed, although quite interesting, a bit slow.

Will reserve judgment until I've watched a few episodes.

The finale reminds me of an assimilation moment likr that of Akira. Anyone have observations on the conclusion???

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Funnily enough this was one of the first animes I ever watched. Certainly a great way to show the affects of a psychological breakdown. It's still one of my favourite animes :)

Monkeyto wrote: »
    Funnily enough this was one of the first animes I ever watched. Certainly a great way to show the affects of a psychological breakdown. It's still one of my favourite animes :)

Check out Death Note if you already haven't. You will not regret it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

I bought it a while back, and I adore it.
    I like the way how everyone is connected somehow, and their plights seem believeable enough. I felt rather unsettled during a few moments, but that's a good sign; means I'm watching something incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 columf2008

Excellent show got really into after the first couple of episodes

It is a great anime, it's only about 12-13 episodes long and a lot happens.

• Advertisement

The guy wrote: »
    It is a great anime, it's only about 12-13 episodes long and a lot happens.

Again give it a chance. Really takes a few episodes to get into.

Advertisement