Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazing the things you find in old Couches (Pics)

• 19-03-2008 3:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭

Amazing the things you find in old Couches

Doing up the Uncles house and he got a Skup so i decided to break up his old suite (3 piece) to maximise the space in the skip. Well it was like a treasure hunt :).. I found

1) about 20 euro coins and 1 x 5 euro note
    2) 4 X £1 notes in envelopes for a churh collection from 1988!!!!!
    3) old irish coins.
    4) 1 Knuckle Duster ???? WTF ???
    5) Nokia 6310i (Turned it on, No PIN code Last text message April 2006 :) )...Reckon it was lost at a Party
    6) Package :) of Condoms (Ribbed)...(Unused :))
    7) 9 Cigarette Lighters
    8) Loads of Pens.
    9) Comb, Nail Scissors.
    10) Earrings, Braclet, Etc.

Heres a few Pics. :)

my.php?image=1bobnotefw4.jpg

my.php?image=eurocoinsor5.jpg

my.php?image=irishcoinsce1.jpg

knucklenokiaam3.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Getting prepared for the easter hunt on Sunday? Just hide all those things, they'll be sick of chocolate probably, money, money, money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I lost that knuckleduster at your Uncle's party a few years back.
    Can you forward it to me?
    Please & Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I lost that knuckleduster at your Uncle's party a few years back.
    Can you forward it to me?
    Please & Thank you.

LOL I've a feeling it was one of my brothers parties here :) I've also found a canister of pepper spray and a ASP baton on top of a cabinet??? Maybe the Garda ERU were partying here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Prizes for whoever can fit the whole lot (including pepper spray and baton) into the most entertaining story! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,894 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Sounds like an epsiode of MacGyver

• Advertisement

javaboy wrote: »
    Prizes for whoever can fit the whole lot (including pepper spray and baton) into the most entertaining story! ;)
    I'll give it a go:

Back in April 2006 (this ties the mobile phone in) a party is going on at the house. The local priest happens to calls round at the height of the party as he found out about the money filled church collection envelopes, he is invited in before asking for them.
    When he does he's greeted with the Knuckle Duster as he asks for the envelopes and is thrown on the sofa were about 20 euro coins and 1 x 5 euro note, a pen and a cigarette lighter fall out of his pocket. Also a packet of ribbed condoms fall out and some of the girls at the party spot them and decide to have some fun .
    Before they jump on him he manages to send a text to his parish house before losing the phone down the back of the sofa. Before you know it 8 more priests arrive to join in the fun on the sofa were they too lose pens, cigarette lighters, a comb and nail scissors. The girls lose earrings, bracelets and everything else.
    The uncle and the rest of the guys get jealous as they can't join in so they ring the Garda to put a halt to the craic. When they arrive they have to use pepper spray and batons to break it all up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

I'll give ya four quid for items 1, 2 and 6 and a tenner for the rest.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Jaysus that's manky. Does he never clean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Aw look at the old monies!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Filthy animal.

I bet you have used condoms under your bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

D.T. Jesus wrote: »
    Jaysus that's manky. Does he never clean?

Yeah, the design of the couch meant that you'd have to break it up to get at any of that stuff.

Advertisement