Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unjustified Ban

Options
  • 19-03-2008 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55428394#post55428394

From this I have been banned - now I don't care about having the ban rescinded - I would just like the jumped up little hitler to explain why I was banned - did I abuse anyone after my silly little "infraction" - is calling someone sad now abuse?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Your wasting their time, they've already locked the thread because I had the "cheek" to question it. :rolleyes:

Its like all the mods here are bots who all have being programmed with the George Orwell 1984 guide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I don't remember asking whether it did anything for you - I don't really care if it does anything for your pompous arse or not - I asked for pointers so if you don't have any then don't post anything!

Yeah... totally unjustified...

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭keystone

I had a look at the content of the thread itself and this is exactly what we have come to expect from the boards Mods......

Take comments in context please, look at the complete thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

tman wrote: »
    Yeah... totally unjustified...

That is what the infraction was for - the ban happened after the infraction.

The nonsense spouted that if you don't like it bugger off doesn't wash - this site has a responsibility because it has become the biggest site of it's type in Ireland and simply always closing ranks behind a moderator leaves it with no credibility. Users should feel that their feedback will be taken seriously and not simply dismissed as one by one the mods come out to back their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Following that, you called me sad.

Which made me very sad :(

Tbh, your attitude is completly unacceptable. You started off insulting people, I gave you chance, you didn't take it.

Animal Rights, it was nothing to do with the fact you had the 'cheek' to question it. You were informed if you wanted to question it, to take it here. You continued to go off topic. The thread was not going back on topic. I locked it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Jumped up little hitler.
    That attitude won't get you very far in Feedback buddy.

this site has a responsibility because it has become the biggest site of it's type in Ireland and simply always closing ranks behind a moderator leaves it with no credibility.
    Wah wah wah.

No credibility?

ORLY?

Is that why press and journalists are increasingly coming and seeking opinions from users?

Users should feel that their feedback will be taken seriously and not simply dismissed as one by one the mods come out to back their own.
    Users' feedback is only summarily dismissed if they come along with a fúckhead attitude, calling people hitlers and acting the absolute dickhead.

Which you seem to have done here.

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Tbh, your attitude is completly unacceptable. You started off insulting people, I gave you chance, you didn't take it.

to be honest your attitude is completely unacceptable - I asked during the day for the thread to be locked and where were the mods then? not doing their job that's for sure.

I did not start off insulting people, I asked for pointers I received 2 posts that gave nothing and to ensure no one else did the same I told them I was not interested in this kind of critique which offered nothing in the slightest.

DesF wrote: »
    Wah wah wah.

No credibility?

ORLY?

Is that why press and journalists are increasingly coming and seeking opinions from users?

Users' feedback is only summarily dismissed if they come along with a fúckhead attitude, calling people hitlers and acting the absolute dickhead.

Which you seem to have done here.

ok so calling me a dickhead is acceptable is it.

That is exactly the problem that many users of this site has.

again, if you have nothing constructive to add please don't post.

to be honest your attitude is completely unacceptable - I asked during the day for the thread to be locked and where were the mods then? not doing their job that's for sure.
    lol. Job?

And just because you ask for a thread to be locked, doesn't mean it is going to happen.

Who the fúck do you think you are?

You are acting like a spoiled kid.

I ASKED FOR SOMETHING, IT DIDN'T HAPPEN, I'M HAVING A TANTRUM.

Grow up. Act civil, and maybe something can happen.

You have no idea how the site works, so shut the fúck up will you.
    I did not start off insulting people,
    You did in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Being a mod is not a "job". Mods are volunteers. They have real lives too you know. They don't sit on boards all day (well, some may do!)

watna wrote: »
    Being a mod is not a "job". Mods are volunteers. They have real lives too you know. They don't sit on boards all day (well, some may do!)
    I do :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I did not start off insulting people, I asked for pointers I received 2 posts that gave nothing and to ensure no one else did the same I told them I was not interested in this kind of critique which offered nothing in the slightest.

You do realise that being a moderator does not mean being on boards 24/7?

What do you mean "ensure no one else did the same"? As in abusing members so that everyone else would tell you what you wanted? That's not going to be effective. You asked a public opinion, you got one. I don't see why anyone should be told
    I don't really care if it does anything for your pompous arse or not

ok so calling me a dickhead is acceptable is it.
    About as acceptable as calling someone a "jumped up little hitler".

So again, if you expect certain standards, then apply them to yourself first.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55428394#post55428394

From this I have been banned - now I don't care about having the ban rescinded - I would just like the jumped up little hitler to explain why I was banned - did I abuse anyone after my silly little "infraction" - is calling someone sad now abuse?

I reported you posts because you attitude stinks and you were coming across a tad assholey. If you attitude was to change I'm sure the mods (who are among the most friendly & helpful on this site) would be happy to have you back.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

to be honest your attitude is completely unacceptable.

No, as a Mod of that forum, his attitude is exactly what is expected when faced with an agressive poster who doesn't know how to behave in a civel manner.
    The ban was justified.

About as acceptable as calling someone a "jumped up little hitler".

So again, if you expect certain standards, then apply them to yourself first.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

this site has a responsibility because it has become the biggest site of it's type in Ireland
    Why? What kind of responsibility and to whom?

What makes you think that you deserve respect when you clearly don't show it to anyone who makes you even a little unhappy?

The facts here are that you lost the head a little and got an infraction. Then you abused the moderator. What did you think was going to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

lol. Job?

Who the fúck do you think you are?
    If Mods are going to be consistent surely this is a bannable offence on 2 sep counts?

Ah yes, good aul Mr Rolleyes.

A great point, well made.

You are acting like an idiot now.

Have you nothing else to say?

Go on, I'm enjoying this immensely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Jaggie you photo was shit and I think you're really angry at yourself for taking a shit photograph .... I would be too. So just sit back for a while and realise that you can do better next time. Its not Faj's fault you're not very talented.

Oh look, I'm not a mod but I think you are in the wrong! Maybe, just maybe, you are in the wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Good contribution Diane. Look, we can all do that :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If Mods are going to be consistent surely this is a bannable offence on 2 sep counts?

Why the fúck are you saying that?

Different people Moderate this Feedback Forum than the forum you are getting hot under the collar about.

Calm down, stop trying to get other people banned, because, seriously, you are looking more and more stupid with every post.

Take a step back, re-assess the situation, deep breaths, and see what you come up with.

seamus wrote: »
    Why? What kind of responsibility and to whom?

What makes you think that you deserve respect when you clearly don't show it to anyone who makes you even a little unhappy?

The facts here are that you lost the head a little and got an infraction. Then you abused the moderator. What did you think was going to happen?

a responsibility to it's users as described above.

I did not abuse the moderator. If you want abuse have a look at DesF postings.

As expected the ranks are closed. But that is fine. I never expected anything less.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

a responsibility to it's users as described above.

I did not abuse the moderator. If you want abuse have a look at DesF postings.

As expected the ranks are closed. But that is fine. I never expected anything less.

You might wanna stop suckin on that lemon buddy. Leaving an awful bitter taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Following that, you called me sad.

Which made me very sad :(

Animal Rights, it was nothing to do with the fact you had the 'cheek' to question it. You were informed if you wanted to question it, to take it here. You continued to go off topic. The thread was not going back on topic. I locked it.

I believe he called you "a sad little person" ;)
    On the topic of the posting, while maybe I do not agree with the way he said it, I can understand why he said it.

The poster asked for pointers, not a statement of how it made someone feel.
    TBH, reading that I actually agreed with the "pompous" comment. If someone asked for a comment on how it evokes emotion in you, then that's a fine comment. If, however, someone askes for help in improving a picture/setting/style then it is not an appropriate comment to leave. It is derisive and insulting (please do not mix this up with constructive critisism) and of course the original poster immediately went on the defensive. The fact that so many people excused the comment, as a valid response to the actual topic being raised, would have made me feel just as frustrated as the OP evidently was.

I sometimes feel that the Mods here are slightly too quick with the infractions, it is just as easy to have a stock PM to warn people that comments like that will result in punishments, especially when taken in context.
    Also, basically, telling people to "F**k O** if you don't like it" is not a friendly way to run things and does nothing to enhance the image and reputation of Boards.ie. Which has an, incorrect, image of being "over-modded" anyway

I did not abuse the moderator.
    Yes you bloody well did, you liar.
    I would just like the jumped up little hitler to explain why I was banned
    You think it's OK to compare a moderator of a website to the most evil man in history? You don't consider that to be abuse?

Are you simple?
    If you want abuse have a look at DesF postings.
    Wah wah wah.

Someone else did it, it's all so unfair.

get over it mate, you're banned, is it affecting your life this much?

A ban from one forum on the internet is causing you this much concern and distractment?

And you called the mod sad?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I gave you a clear and exact reply.
    What else did you expect?

As I said I never expected anything less, but I have had my say, and have given my feedback.

Now I will leave it the real little children to run around and continually abuse their users.

• Advertisement

Now I will leave it the real little children to run around and continually abuse their users.
    Cheerio then.

By the way.

Moderators don't "own" you, or any other users.

So they aren't "their users".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement