Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rejection????

Options
  • 19-03-2008 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hey all just looking for a bit of advise.
    Got a piercing on my navel back in January its not the conventional navel piercing its more a surface piercing to the right.
    Anyway long story short its very sore today , red and quiet tender to touch between the two balls. Is this a sign of rejection????
    I will go back to my piercer just not possible toay.
    Any advise on what to do with it :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just be very careful with it, it may just be a little "angry", especially if it got bumped or aggrivated yesterday or while you were sleeping, but it's always best to get these checked out if you're unsure.
    Does it seem to have migrated at all? IE - does it seem to have moved from where the piercing was originally done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Poppy84

no it doesnt seem to have migrated, I had the other side pierced recently and that really migrated so had to take it out, this one hasnt migrated yet its just the redness n tenderness I am concerned about

I wouldn't be overly worried, as it does just sound a little angry, but best get it checked when you get the chance just to be sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Surface piercings are rejected by the body more than others- my belly button piercings grew out twice... sometimes it's just not meant to be!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

I wouldn't be overly worried, as it does just sound a little angry, but best get it checked when you get the chance just to be sure!
    would some sort of cream solve the soreness or would be better to get it seen to? As she had it done on january the piecer may not garrantee to fix the problem as it was done january or can they?

• Advertisement

Using any kinda cream is generally not recommended for piercings, as they can just gunk it up and cause further problems. And the piercer (if they're anyway decent) would be able to give advice, and tell if there is a problem with the piercing or if it's just a little aggrivated. 'Fixing' the piercing is not usually done, as it's a hole in the body, there's no real way to 'fix' it if it is rejecting. In that case it's generally a matter of taking the jewellery out, letting it heal and possibly re-piercing. If it's the jewellery itself at fault, they may be able to reshape it, or swap it to rectify the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

sea salt soak - boil water add sea salt (enough just to be able to taste it) let the water cool so you dont burn yourself then get something like a cotton pad and soak it in the mixture, then place it on your piercing gently. remember dont burn yourself!!
    then when the cotton pad is cold take it off, get another one and dip it in the now cold mixture. this will remove any of the other nasties that may be in there.
    that should help somewhat, go to your piercer they should tell you whats up hopefully

Thanks guys, its getting angier looking as the day goes on.....sometimes i think is it worth the hassle :rolleyes: I'll go back to my piercer as soon as i can

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

best of luck with it. stick with the sea salt and soaks alright, and see your piercer if you're still not happy.

just an update....woke up this morning in ridiculous pain went in to my piercer.....its gone had to get it out it was to painful completely gutted but will wait till its healed fully and get it redone.....it is worth the hassle.
    Wierd how 2 days ago twas fine oh well hopefully round 2 will be a success....though i'll be waiting a long while :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

oh wow, that's scary how quickly it can happen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

Poppy84 wrote: »
    Hey all just looking for a bit of advise.
    Got a piercing on my navel back in January its not the conventional navel piercing its more a surface piercing to the right.
    Anyway long story short its very sore today , red and quiet tender to touch between the two balls. Is this a sign of rejection????
    I will go back to my piercer just not possible toay.
    Any advise on what to do with it :(
    EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!
    same place and everything haha ):
    i had to take mine out ):

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

its scary how fast it can go bad,both my navel and anti navel were healed months,and both got really bad one day,months apart,managed to save em though

Advertisement