Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Baby and car seat question

• 19-03-2008 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All,

Im not sure if im putting thisin the right section but i cant find any info on this at all anywhere.

Because of my job i have to change to a commercial vehical (jeep) therefore no seats in the back to carry a baby seat.

Now he is a year next month and ofcourse in a front facing car seat.

My question is can i put my front facing baby seat in the front seat of my jeep?

I was thinking about ringing the guards about this for some info as they might know

Any info would be greatly apreciated as i like taking the little guy with me everywhere i go.

Thanks in advance

Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

relevant information:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/travel-and-recreation/roads-and-safety/seatbelts-when-motoring-in-ireland/

doesn't seem to be any restriction on having the child in the front provided they are in an appropriate child seat.

this is a bit weird:

Exemptions from requirement to wear seatbelts

7. Babies and children under 4 years in back seats only that do not have appropriate child restraints fitted are also exempt from the requirements. Again, the responsible adult might decide to place a child in a child restraint system that is, perhaps, designed for a different weight bracket, judging this to be preferable to the child being un-restrained. The law does not prevent the use of good judgment in such a case. Neither does it, however, oblige us to force a child to use an inappropriate child restraint.

this seems to suggest you do not have to have your kids in a child seat if you do not have one fitted!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Once you can de-activate any airbags that may impact on the childs seat I doubt there'd be a problem. The perspective dealer can advise you on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 puretonemusic

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.
    I actually finally found a site with some straight to the point info on this

http://www.childcarseats.org.uk/faqs/index.htm#front

Loyatemu - Looking at what you have there corresponds to something i read on that site aswell which thought was a bit strange. What it has on the site i found is that its ok to have a child under 4 years old in a taxy bus van etc if there is no possible way of restraining the baby properly. strange

Advertisement