Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteer Work

Options
  • 19-03-2008 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

HEY EVERYONE -i'm looking to do some volunteer work in a cycling club.i live in waterford city and as i know there is 2 cycling clubs -comeragh cc and waterford cc.maybe someone can point me in the right direction - thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

What kind of work do you have in mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Massage therapist I'm assuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

or bike mechanic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭henboy9

helping out on road races --sorry there fish-head to bust ur bubble

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Hi there Henboy,

Theres only one club in the city now, Waterford CC has been defunct for a very very long time. So Comeragh CC is the only show in town. We have no races hosted this year (last year we held the nationals though), we do get involved in helping out with other local events though such as the Sean Kelly Tour, various triathlons, duathlons, possibly local races in Dungarvan, Carrick etc.. like the Suir Valley 3 day. We also have a summer league starting on Tuesday nights in May and always need lead cars and marshalls for those, plus we are always looking for people to help out with service car work (e.g. I had to abandon in a race last week whilst in a good position in the breakaway because no-one showed up to do service car for us, so when I lost a wheel it was over).

Comeragh would be glad to have you on board and if you join up, they pay expenses etc... for people travelling to help the team. Head over to the forum on www.comeraghcc.com/forum and say hello(The main site is glitching a bit tonight, which I am trying to sort out right now).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭henboy9

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Hi there Henboy,

Theres only one club in the city now, Waterford CC has been defunct for a very very long time. So Comeragh CC is the only show in town. We have no races hosted this year (last year we held the nationals though), we do get involved in helping out with other local events though such as the Sean Kelly Tour, various triathlons, duathlons, possibly local races in Dungarvan, Carrick etc.. like the Suir Valley 3 day. We also have a summer league starting on Tuesday nights in May and always need lead cars and marshalls for those, plus we are always looking for people to help out with service car work (e.g. I had to abandon in a race last week whilst in a good position in the breakaway because no-one showed up to do service car for us, so when I lost a wheel it was over).

Comeragh would be glad to have you on board and if you join up, they pay expenses etc... for people travelling to help the team. Head over to the forum on www.comeraghcc.com/forum and say hello(The main site is glitching a bit tonight, which I am trying to sort out right now).
    thanks just went to the site and regestered -looks impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Good stuff, the main news site for the club is just www.comeraghcc.com. It should be alright now, but its been down a bit today, our host is messing about with the servers for some reason.

Advertisement