Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoning Garda HQ

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 blackprawn2

Haddockman wrote: »
    You have the right to appeal, and to appeal you need to know why you were refused.

well, the refusal of the g22 was reasonable now i think about it. a semi auto 10 round mag rifle isnt the best first rifle : ) the issue is the fact that the refusal isnt on any databases. ill say what im thinking: i think the local gardai never filed the application for the g22, and probably havent filed for my cz 452. refusing me for the g22 without filing the application is very against the law. the superintendent should have given a reason, but im ok with that. im just worried im getting victimised by a local garda, who are not even filing applications, and refusing without even consulting the super.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

And you cannot apply and be refused without any record being left in the system.

And it's not the semiauto nature of the G22 that makes it an unsuitable first rifle, it's the fact that it's ****e that makes it an unsuitable first rifle!

so when the garda called me up and said i was refused, it looks like the application for which i was being refused was never even filed, meaning they took the authority into their own hands and never filed it, which, unless im mistaken, is extremely illegal. anyone have any suggestions on what to do? if at the end of the three month waiting period, which is 6 weeks away, i get refused for a cz 452, and i call the guys in computer firearms, and they have no record of the application, is this reasonable proof that the application was never filed and the garda is breaking the law? if so, what should i do? i have never been in any kind of trouble and im very sure they have no reason to refuse me, but if a previous application was never filed, and i was refused, whats to stop them doing it again? its early days yet, but im worried about this now.

which, unless im mistaken, is extremely illegal
    I think you're mistaken. If you tried to press charges, they'd just point out that they said it was unlikely you'd succeed and you didn't insist on proceeding.

I'd forget about the mess and reapply in writing to the Superintendent.

• Advertisement

not a bad idea. the garda took my fca1, and the original copy of the bill of sale for the cz452. will the photocopy of the bill of sale be accepted if im reapplying to the super? because when i go back to the local station, its highly unlikely they will give me my original doc's back, including land permission, which can be gotten again. i supose i can also re-photocopy my nargc card. also, is it within my rights to ask for a receipt of giving my application in, be it to the super or the local gardai?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭MarkD.

Tried ringing Garda HQ today to see did they recieve me application, but no answer two times today. Said id go this route as my local cop shop are hopeless, cant ever catch the FO :mad: and no one else seems to want to help. I asked them to check their computers but they never do. Im sick of not being told notting!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Is it a new application and how long ago did you send it in?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

ezridax wrote: »
    Is it a new application and how long ago did you send it in?

New application ya, four weeks ago today it was handed in. Local station is known for misplacing forms and giving misleading info (as in oh you'll hear from me in a few days, or in a weeks time) so Im just curious did they send it off at all yet.

Well can i make a suggestion (i'm going to anyway).

The Gardai have 3 months to assess, process and pass/refuse a license application with no notification of the progress of the application during the process. Constant ringing will annoy, and even delay the application (you know).

Wait. Have patience. It will be slow at the start then in a matter of days from receiving the "application received" letter you will have the lincese. Ringing them within 3-4 weeks of submitting the license when they have 3 months will not help you. Because others get it quickly does not mean you will.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement

ezridax wrote: »
    Well can i make a suggestion (i'm going to anyway).

The Gardai have 3 months to assess, process and pass/refuse a license application with no notification of the progress of the application during the process. Constant ringing will annoy, and even delay the application (you know).

Wait. Have patience. It will be slow at the start then in a matter of days from receiving the "application received" letter you will have the lincese. Ringing them within 3-4 weeks of submitting the license when they have 3 months will not help you. Because others get it quickly does not mean you will.

Thanks for the advice I'll take it onboard. Meanwhile I'll sit and bite my nails.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 OnTheGame

My license has been ''sent off'' by the efficent local guys who told me that would be granted no problem. so im wondering where does it go and is it a case that its looked over again or just proccessed and documented..? how long does it usually take when it goes to wherever..?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 OnTheGame

nobody knows no..?

OnTheGame wrote: »
    My license has been ''sent off'' by the efficent local guys who told me that would be granted no problem.

Firstly he/she shouldn't have said tha unless he/she was the Superintendant.
    so im wondering where does it go and is it a case that its looked over again or just proccessed and documented..?

When you leave in your application, the firearms officer goes through it. He will then give a summary jdgement on it based on hie knowledge of you. If he doesn't he will ring your local (if he is not it) station and check on you. He then passes it on up to the Super along with his evaluation. The Super then makes adecision, and passes it back down to the FO to enter into Pulse. Once he has done this you get a letter from Dublin to say your application has been received and a decision will be given within 3 months.
    how long does it usually take when it goes to wherever..?

They have 3 months but it can take 1 week, month or year. Usually when you get your "Application received letter the grant letter follows about a week or so later,. Once you get the grant letter, bring it to your PO and pay the €80 fee. 3-5 days later your license arrives in the post.

today marks three months exactly since i applied for my bolt action .22, and i have heard nothing. i know it takes longer sometimes, i just wish to express my extreme displeasure at the gardai for this delay. you remember when you were a kid, and the excitement you felt on christmas eve night? yeah, i've felt like that for three months. it gets old quick.

update. this morning i phoned computer firearms, and was told that the licence has been granted. this means i just need to wait a little longer (hopefully) for the payment form to come through. the suspense is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

what number did you ring blackprawn?

01 666 2445, the number so kindly offered at the beginning of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

yeah i saw that but in another thread it said yesterday they dont deal with them anymore,i tried it today anyway the woman said we dont deal with that anymore,i chanced my arm said i rang earlier and a woman told me they did do it there,then she said,huuh,whats your pulse number and looked it up straight away and said my license is being "processed"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭rugerman

same number and i done the same thing rang and said please could u look up 4 me and heypresto its on the way

• Advertisement

liscence came this morning again on all 4 of my liscences the details were wrong shotgun wrong make my ruger 204 was 220 my 30-06 came back 306 and now my 22-250 came back 220 just ready to explode:mad::mad::mad::mad:

that sucks man. does this mean the licence is no good and you cant pick up your rifle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Go into your main station, with a copy of your full application paperwork, get your F/O to update this correct information onto PULSE if required (assuming it's not already in there) and get them to re-issue a re-print of your licences with the correct information.

AFAIK this can be done in a station via the PULSE system and requires no more that a computer terminal and a willing and reasonably knowledgeable F/O. And I even am led to believe there is a button on the system for dealing with the very issue of re-issuing replacement licences, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Should be straightforward for you.

Maybe contact the FPU, or the helpful lady you spoke to in the Park, first to check the process, if you think your local GS won't be up to speed on what little work is required.

I think I remember ezridax posting something about this a month or two back on another thread.

Its a simple process.

Use the FCA2, section 1 (Amendment to certificate details). Fill it in, and input the details that are on your license on the left, and then the details that are actually on the firearms on the right. Bring it to your FO and he will update pulse, and a new license will be re-issued to you free.

he wont be around till next thursday :mad::mad::mad: anyway im not changing subject but shouldnt the liscences be sorted by people that know what there doing rather than gardai doing what a headless chicken does (not all gardai i might add) everyone of my liscences has been a joke and my fo is dead on with me he got my (306) within a week of the deer season for me but theres always something wrong anyone else with same problem. tell me they are

Advertisement