Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Data Usage on iPhone (how are you getting on?)

• 19-03-2008 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

It's 5 days after the release of the iPhone so how much of the 1GB data have you used?

I've used 6.7MB upload and 47.2MB download so about 54MB in total and that was not heavy usage. I dont see myself going over the 1GB limit but I imagine it could be a little tight for many users by the end of the month.

(This assumes the Data Usage meter in Settings is accurate?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭AOR

I have used 1.9MB upload and 11.2MB download since the launch day, this is lower than most i suspect because I have wi-fi at home.

When around town I have found EDGE to be much quicker than I expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I'm on Meteor, so I have a paltry 250Mb per month. :(

Since Saturday, I've only used 11Mb, so that's pretty good going, considering how much I have used it on the train and away from WiFi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Hmm, since launch day I've only used 500kb on upload and about 2MB on download. What are people generally using it for? Whenever I'm at home I'm on the wifi, and but outside on Edge I'm generally just checking emails a couple times a day, viewing maybe 5 - 10 websites and messing around on Maps a bit for the novelty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Homer

2.1 Sent, 14.4 Received since launch day. Doubt i'll go near the monthly limit with wifi at home and in work.
    Mainly email while out and about and the odd you tube clip to impress the mates etc!!
    No complaints so far. Well happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Moofy

Only 228KB sent and 1.4MB received so far.
    I doubt I will ever reach the IGB limit either so am happy and the iPhone is fab:D
    On the topic of Edge does anyone know if I am safe going to the UK while the data roaming is switched off, you know the horror stories about the $4000 bills as the phone went online by itself.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I've a question on the Edge network.

I live in Co Wicklow. When I'm up in Dublin the network symbol on my phone is the little blue square with the E in it to signafy Edge.

Usually at home, if I'm not connected to the wi-fi, the network symbol just shows the little blue square, without the E in it. I can still connect to the net and view Maps etc, but when I try to connect to the YouTube app it tells me I need an Edge or Wifi connection.

How extensive is the Edge network? And when I'm not connected to it or to wifi, then what's the network I am connected to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    I'm on Meteor, so I have a paltry 250Mb per month. :(

Since Saturday, I've only used 11Mb, so that's pretty good going, considering how much I have used it on the train and away from WiFi.

250 megs is plenty. I used barely 220megs a month and it was fairly heavy usage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Branoic wrote: »
    I've a question on the Edge network.

I live in Co Wicklow. When I'm up in Dublin the network symbol on my phone is the little blue square with the E in it to signafy Edge.

Usually at home, if I'm not connected to the wi-fi, the network symbol just shows the little blue square, without the E in it. I can still connect to the net and view Maps etc, but when I try to connect to the YouTube app it tells me I need an Edge or Wifi connection.

How extensive is the Edge network? And when I'm not connected to it or to wifi, then what's the network I am connected to?

EDGE will be 100% by the end of May. There are a few areas that have not had the necessary equipment installed or not had EDGE enabled due to other upgrades. Hence the blue square with no "E". You will connect at GPRS speeds in these areas in the meantime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭decsramble

EDGE will be 100% by the end of May. There are a few areas that have not had the necessary equipment installed or not had EDGE enabled due to other upgrades. Hence the blue square with no "E". You will connect at GPRS speeds in these areas in the meantime.

June is shaping up to be the iPhone month, 100% Edge coverage by its start and the SDK by its end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭ratsam

1.1mb's down and 18.1mb's up... I dont think I will ever reach the 1GB limit.... WiFi at home, work, mates and family...! Happy days...!

I have to say its the best bit of electronic equipment I have ever used...!

Rats

• Advertisement
Advertisement