Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of paving?

Options
  • 19-03-2008 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Was wondering if somebody could let me know how much it should cost to get someboby to put down paving slabs in my backgarden.
    The size of the garden is approx 23 foot by 22 foot.
    I just want cheap slabs, nothing fancy.
    Have had 2 men out and they say that cobblelock is as cheap as paving slabs and each quoted around €4000, seems a bit pricey.
    Any ideas out there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Yosserh

I suppose it depends on a lot of factors, however 4K seems a little expensive. I would have thought 2.5K - 3K would cover it - this is based on my own experiences recently.
    What part of the country are you in? If you want to PM me your info I can send you on a contact I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

I am in the Dublin area, pm would be great, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Niall06 wrote: »
    Was wondering if somebody could let me know how much it should cost to get someboby to put down paving slabs in my backgarden.
    The size of the garden is approx 23 foot by 22 foot.
    I just want cheap slabs, nothing fancy.
    Have had 2 men out and they say that cobblelock is as cheap as paving slabs and each quoted around €4000, seems a bit pricey.
    Any ideas out there?

Presumably thats an all in price including groundworks, paving, consumables, waste disposal and VAT, in which case it sounds very cheap. Sounds like your expectations are quite modest, but still pointless to waste € 4k on a slabbing job.

Advertisement