Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

library!!

• 19-03-2008 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

heh fellow students. since i came back at xmas i have had a real prob with the computers in lib. there is onlyh one or two that i can access. i can't get into my email account on nearly all the comps. does anyone have a similar prob and then if you use your laptop you can't get onto email from wireless (gmail being my email ac).

and what is it with the your man (nazi guy) going around telling everyone to be quite when we are not in the quite level (2nd floor). it's wreacking my head!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

mollybird wrote: »
    and what is it with the your man (nazi guy) going around telling everyone to be quite when we are not in the quite level (2nd floor). it's wreacking my head!!
    Hee, "quiet level" :D You do know that, in most libraries, silence is strictly enforced in all parts, right?

I note in the Library Code of Conduct that "[q]uiet conversation and consultation is permitted on Floor 1 provided it does not interfere with any other persons within the Library". I assume this rather arbitrarily defined rule was breached in your case. Build a bridge, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

as europerson says theres no such thing as a quiet level in the library, silence is expected no matter where in the library you are.

If your doing a group project your meant to use the tables to the right where you walk in, a small amount of noise is permitted there, upstairs in the room straight ahead of you is for single person study, silence is strictly enforced there.

all other areas you are expected to be quiet too, it is after all a place to research and study not chat. This is the case for both floors of the library

as for your issue with logging on the software on the machines was changed over xmas so your logon may not be refistering with the new software and there may be old software on some machines, it doesnt really make sense though, have you said it to reception or one of the tech guys that do be walking around??

also perhaps gmail has been blocked on the wireless? i know some people were having issues with sites being blocked on the wireless

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

theres a problem with certain secure sites over the wireless, anything beginning with https maybe effected. The computers in the library are managed by computer services (same as the labs) so you need to go the to them with PC problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I know it annoys me when I'm in the library and i have to listen to all the spas talk about their mates/dudes they fancy/people they dont like. Silence should be enforced

Advertisement