Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

06 VW Passat, rear shocks

Options
  • 19-03-2008 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Does anybody know where I can get replacement shocks for a 06 Passat?
    I have tried the normal, fastfit, advance etc and nobody has them.
    Dont really want to go to dealer price for supply only is 305 ex VAT :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

JohnW wrote: »
    Does anybody know where I can get replacement shocks for a 06 Passat?
    I have tried the normal, fastfit, advance etc and nobody has them.
    Dont really want to go to dealer price for supply only is 305 ex VAT :mad:

Not covered by warranty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

Try www.otto.ie

Have always found them great to deal with.

Out of interest, how come they need replacing so soon? I had the same shocks on my old car for over 120k miles!

Wont be covered by warranty afiak due to the nature of them - ie taking abuse constantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 JohnW

mvpr wrote: »
    Wont be covered by warranty afiak due to the nature of them - ie taking abuse constantly.

They are not covered by warranty, exactly as you stated. I have 77K kms on it so I didnt really expact them to go......Drivers side rear is leaking, dont know if I hit a bad pothole or something, dont remember anything that could have damaged it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

JohnW wrote: »
    They are not covered by warranty, exactly as you stated. I have 77K kms on it so I didnt really expact them to go......Drivers side rear is leaking, dont know if I hit a bad pothole or something, dont remember anything that could have damaged it :confused:

At the risk of turning this into another VW-bitching thread...

A guy I know had similar problems at similar mileage with his Bora. He has had a couple of VWs and thought this was part of normal wear-and-tear until he asked a few Toyota/Mazda/Honda owners!

P.S. - he swears he'll break the VW habit with his next purchase...

Advertisement