Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creating a group in active directory?

• 19-03-2008 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately my knowledge of active directory is fairly limited so I was wondering would anyone know know how to create a group in ad that would allow its members have access to the 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER' in the registry?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

check out Group Policy Management Console

i've not used this, but i know it can be done with this tool and GPO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

All users should be able to access HKEY_CURRENT_USER anyway, surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Stephen wrote: »
    All users should be able to access HKEY_CURRENT_USER anyway, surely?

Well thats what I thought as well but if they go to run regedit then they just get an access denied error message? I'll probably have to have a go at editing the group policy using the editor that Average Joe linked to, cheers

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

How is your default user set up in the domain? Are all users based off a standard model or are they generated from the Microsoft default when they first login?

edit: Hang on, are the users set up as power users or administrators on their own boxes? AFAIK, users can't run regedit at a level lower than Power User

Edit2: Nope, that doesn't matter. The GPO that affects regedit.exe is:
    User Configuration-> Administrative Templates->System-> "Prevent Access to registry editing tools"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

feylya wrote: »
    How is your default user set up in the domain? Are all users based off a standard model or are they generated from the Microsoft default when they first login?

edit: Hang on, are the users set up as power users or administrators on their own boxes? AFAIK, users can't run regedit at a level lower than Power User

Edit2: Nope, that doesn't matter. The GPO that affects regedit.exe is:
    User Configuration-> Administrative Templates->System-> "Prevent Access to registry editing tools"

Yep that did it, cheers man!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Go me \o/

Advertisement