Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS - Kona Singlespeed - €350

Options
  • 19-03-2008 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭

18" Kona (more like 17" in other brands) frame - Very good condition, Grey colour. Was a Lana'i but only the frame is original now, with all parts swapped out.
    Project 2 forks - Light and look just the business. Black, New.
    Grey Icon seatpost - 27.2mm
    Black leather Selle Flite Gel saddle - Great condition
    BBB cartridge headset - new
    BBB carbon fibre low rise bars - new
    Titec Big-Al stem - New
    C/F ahead spacers etc.
    Soft & stick black grips - new, can't remember the brand right now
    Deore LX Servo brake levers (silver/black) - new
    Deore V's (black) with new BBB carbon look pads and spare inserts.
    Clark cable set - New inners & outers
    Deore Crankset (silver) - very good condition
    Deore LX octalink Bottom Bracket - New.
    Deore SPD ped's - very good condition
    Deore hubs - Rigida 21mm rear, 19mm front double wall black rims. Black spokes with stainless nipples. Built in cycle hut.
    Panaracer Fire XC Pro tyres, red sidewalls - New
    Continental tubes - New

Now, here's the important bits. It's a single-speed 'cheater'. It's fitted with a new 42t front chainring with brand X narrow bolt kit (red anodised). On the back, it has a Fire-eye chain tensioner and a 16/18t combination spacer and cog kit to replace the 8/9 speed cassette. This basically means it's a single speed bike, with a freewheel of course, that you can set up either with the 16 or 18t rear cog to adjust your gearing. All parts involved are new and were bought from CRC over the course of the last 6 months or so. It's not a fixie, just in case anyone's confused.

I'm also including a set of Dirt-Monkey mudguards which will fit if you stick a set of slicks on it for commuting, but won't work with the 2.1's at the moment. This isn't a hodge podge mix of spare parts, it was assembled using parts bought specifically for the job and using a couple of my long term favourites (like the saddle and SPD's)

All in, I reckon this bike is standing me something like:

frame - c100
    seatpost - 30
    clamp - 8
    wheels - 120
    tyres - 50
    singlespeed stuff - 80
    bars - 40
    Stem - 30
    saddle - 60
    cables - 20
    brake levers - 30
    V's - 30
    sundries - 50

That's €648. Let's round it down to 600.

I'll accept €350 for the bike if anyone's interested, but no lower than that, for a hassle free and fair deal for all. It's a really lightweight, low maintenance bike that I'd put together hoping to cycle to work in the finer weather this year, although my brother reckon's it would be a useable machine for the likes of Ballinastoe too. A knee injury's ruled that out for the foreseeable future, so I'd rather see it go than sit there in the apartment reminding me of what I'm missing out on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

id have ate your hand off 2 weeks ago!! but ive a firemountain frame and a set of bombers, xt and carbon fibre goodies waiting to be built now!!

sounds like a lil beast, what year is the frame???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Hmmm... I may be interested

Any chance of arranging a look-see? PM me if you like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

I'm happy to have anyone come view it, but a test ride will require 100% of the asking price to be left with me while you take it for a spin. Had a little trouble chasing someone who thought he'd relieve me of a bike before without paying for it. I don't like having to run. :D

I'm about a 10 minute walk from Stillorgan LUAS station, towards Stillorgan village on the way out of Sandyford Ind. Est.

Gil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

kona wrote: »
    id have ate your hand off 2 weeks ago!! but ive a firemountain frame and a set of bombers, xt and carbon fibre goodies waiting to be built now!!

sounds like a lil beast, what year is the frame???

+1

• Advertisement

Don't let the Kona picture put you off - This is a super looking bike.

Still available too! :D

Alright folks - this is still just sitting there. It's done 0 km since I last updated this thread. I'll throw in a spare set of tyres for a quick sale now @ €325

Down to €300 including delivery in Dublin/Wicklow.

Won't accept offers, won't drop the price again.

This is a genuine bargain folks. Up on adverts now here:

adverts.ie/71116

Advertisement