Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Instituto Cervantes

• 19-03-2008 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has taken the beginner (initial 1-4) courses in the Instituto Cervantes? i've been trying to learn spanish on my own, but I keep stopping (no self-discipline at all!). I thought that I might stick at it more if I'd paid for my classes, and might be more fun with some other people. I'm sure they're very good teachers, but it seems a bit pricey at €290 for 10 weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭BillieBob

Well,

I took the plunge, I need the classes if I want to get better and there's nothing like a hit to the pocket to focus the mind. Now I'm just looking for the textbook and workbook (ELE 1 I think), so if anyone out there bought this book for the course and has it lying on their shelf never to be used again pm me and I'll take it off your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭delricyo

Hi,
    How are you finding the course in Cervantes Billiebob ??
    I was thinking of going there in Jan but the start dates didnt suit so I went to the DLTC instead. I thought that was good. Very small classes and a lot of one-to-one conversation.
    Might consider level 2 in Cervantes ....

I have the book "ELE 1". But im gonna hold on to it in case I go further. Sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭BillieBob

Hey Delricyo,

I found the instituto cervantes very good. It's got a good balance between the grammar and the everyday stuff plus trying to get you speaking (which I needed). Same as most things the more you put into it outside class the more you'll get out of it which I found hard at times with work etc. Still recommend it, the ten weeks went by very quickly.

What's the DLTC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Lainey-dee

Hi,
    Where are these courses based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

across from the trinity dental school, near the end of westland row

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 capta

Bit late I know, billiebob, but DLTC is a language school in Dun Laoghaire that provides Spanish and other language courses .. you can find them at www.dltc.ie

Advertisement