Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grants big test ..

• 19-03-2008 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

The next 2 games for Chelsea are huge, this will see if Grant is up to it ..

Tonight at spurs, usually wouldn't be a HUGE game (no offence to spurs)
    but given the fact that it's a chance to level with Arsenal it is,

so i expect Chelsea to drop points tonight.

Likewise sunday, a game against a "BIG 3" .. again the best Chelsea can do is draw ..

Before people start saying how negative I am, look at Grants record against
    the big teams and with big matches ..

Prove me wrong Chelsea

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

spurs is always a huge game for chelsea, normal service needs to be resumed this evening

have to go for the league flat out now, players know it, expect big performances from all this week with 6 points for the blues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

growler wrote: »
    spurs is always a huge game for chelsea, normal service needs to be resumed this evening

have to go for the league flat out now, players know it, expect big performances from all this week with 6 points for the blues

I'd love it ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

sadly from a spurs point of view i cant see spurs recreating the result of the carling cup final. 2 or 3 nil to the blues i fear. and i doubt spurs fans will mind dumping extra pressure on arsenal. as for grant, if he fails to get 4 points out of next games he's in (more) trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Big game for his players more like. Managers can be judged on their signings and overall records. Tonight is 99% down to the players, as is Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Can Chelsea go for it (the league) though? I'm willing to bet Roman wants his team in Moscow this May and would be less happy if they ended up blowing that date to win the league, which while certainly possibly is maybe less likely.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I can see there being a good few goals in Spurs' game with Chelsea. Kind of have the feeling Chelsea will edge it but I'm hoping Spurs can get a draw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Big game for his players more like. Managers can be judged on their signings and overall records. Tonight is 99% down to the players, as is Sunday.

exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Drogs 0-1 [3 mins.]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

This thread should be locked before jackdaw gets back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

He generally makes his own for sensational effect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

well i was in the air for the match, I checked the result when i got back ..

im glad i wasn-t watching it, having lost a 3-1 lead and then losing a one goal lead in the last minutes ...

well just means we have to win on sunday ...

can't see it happening, man utd have it wrapped up ...

at least you can't deny the class of that team ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I can see there being a good few goals in Spurs' game with Chelsea.
    :D

A few?

Can you predict a "few" goals this weekend then?

I'm expecting two nil-all bore draws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

DesF wrote: »
    :D

A few?

Can you predict a "few" goals this weekend then?

I'm expecting two nil-all bore draws.

im going to stick my neck out and say 1-0 and 0-0.
    i havent decided which result applies to which game yet.
    the last time we had these 4 teams in action on a sunday it was abysmal to say the least. thank god for the munster match that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

crazy game, the early goal had me thinking we were well up for this one, then more sloppy defending and i thought we'd bottle it, then a 3-1 lead and the belief that the Carling Cup was just a wee blot on our record against spurs returned, the party atmosphere in the chelsea end got a litttle subdued when it got to 3-2, but no way could we let them back in again , we hadn't conceded 3 goals all season except for that strange game against Leicester, never happen.

Oh sh1t, the very lyrical "3-1 and you fvcked it up " that we taunted spurs with last season came back to haunt us, how how how? Party atmosphere evaporated and there was much shaking of heads, nashing of teeth and a few nostalgic thoughts for Jose.

Then up pops Cole for a 4-3, places goes mental again, riot cops make a brief appearance , look annoyed tell a few people to sit down, then wander off.

Not a hope we could lose it now, victory in such a manner would have been all the more sweet having seen the flush of hope grow then melt on the faces of the yidarmy, party resumes.

An insightful change of tactics by the PS2 Football Manager qualified muppet we have in charge, had chelsea revert to a back 10, a truly inspired move since almost every time we allowed spurs to attack and cross they scored, sure enough, even with everyone behind the ball Keane finds space and draws level.

Anyway, it was a great game for the neutral fan I thought, we really should have had cole sent off, and should have lost 5-4 if Berbatov hadn't ballsed up in the final seconds, that said we could have been 4-1 ahead had Drogba not been greedy and missed a sitter early in the second half.

First 9well second) time in years i've met up with my Spurs mates after a white hart lane game and even they were smiling.

Please get rid of Grant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

thank god for the munster match that day.
    Say what you like about football, but I'd never thank the lord for rugger tbh.

Horrible, horrible "game".

Advertisement