Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knifepoint Raid in Balbriggan

• 19-03-2008 3:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,787 ✭✭✭✭

From Breakingnews.ie
    Seven men were being held by gardaí today after an armed burglary in north Co Dublin.

Officers in Balbriggan said a number of men entered a house in Barons Hall Park at 11.30pm last night and demanded money from the occupants at knifepoint.

A garda spokesman said the men left after a brief struggle.

“Gardaí subsequently arrested seven males,” he said.

“All are being detained at Garda stations in north Dublin under the provisions of Section 30 Offences Against the State Act.”

Sounds to me to to be a bit more than a burglary if there were 7 armed men involved. Anyone have any more info?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

From unison.ie

Wednesday March 19 2008

Gardai have arrested seven men following an attempted aggravated burglary at a house in north Co Dublin last night.

The raiders entered a house in the Barons Hall Park area of Balbriggan at around 11.30pm and demanded money at knifepoint from the occupants.

At least five people were at home at the time and a struggle subsequently broke out.

The raiders subsequently left the house and the occupants notified Gardai, who subsequently arrested seven men in the area.

Gardai say the burglars did not manage to steal any money.

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/seven-arrested-after-raiders-enter-house-in-co-dublin-1321500.html

It sounds a bit strange alright,hopefully more info will come out about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Seven; that's a fair number isn't it, they were also picked up very quickly.

Is anyone else thinking there's a bit more going on than what's been reported? Don't want to speculate, that's what starts rumors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

I agree - there must be more to it. I don't imagine seven armed raiders are likely to call to my house any day soon to steal my laptop and my 80's CD collection.!!!! It can't have been random.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

sounds a bit dodgy all right..the five in the house must have been fairly handy,to see off 7 armed guys.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

God when I heard about this first thing this morning i got the fright of my life.
    B/f heard a car revving and revving when we were in bed last night about half 11 and thought someone was nicking a car outside but turns out this was obv the getaway car/van...

Defo seems to be more than meets the eye,was a report in the herald about it saying that the 7 men were romanians looking for money from this house in particular but you never know... hopefully we'l hear exactly what happened...

DOesn't look too good on the area too as I'm aware this is worse thing I've heard of happening in this area( don't blame the blow ins!!! ) ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigjez

Has to be something going all. If 7 men called to my house looking for money they'd get a surprise. They can have the coin jar if they want, not much else. Thats if I answered the door at that time. Usually fast asleep

Advertisement